The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Toys R us!
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me what this "hose" is called? i am compiling my warranty list so i can have a few things fixed. At 5k miles, should this hose look this way? is it covered? if not, should i have the dealer replace it? Thanks for any help, i'm not sure what the function of this hose is...:shrug:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Yes that's a common issue on Evora's and it's a warranty covered part. It's the rear header heat ventilation tube. Had mine replaced about a year ago.

·
Illegal Alien
5,306 Posts
That hose ducts hot air from around the front exhaust manifold out the top side vent. Some others have had the same problem of finish coming off and have been covered under warranty. Do know why some hoses do this and others not. Issue is non critical.

·
Toys R us!
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That hose ducts hot air from around the front exhaust manifold out the top side vent. Some others have had the same problem of finish coming off and have been covered under warranty. Do know why some hoses do this and others not. Issue is non critical.
Julian, you are amazing....once again, thank you! the "non critical" part made me feel much better!!! but it's ugly, so it's gotta go...hehe, now that i know what it's called and the function, i'll add to my list. Thank you!!!!!!

·
Illegal Alien
5,306 Posts
So true about the ugliness, and so visible when showing the engine. Knock on wood mine is holding up, but if it does fail after warranty I will replace with a proper aero grade hose.

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
When I had mine replaced the dealer didn't have the original lotus part and they ended up using one that came from an Audi. The part is aluminum like the original and it's almost like some kind of heat resistance paper and since the replacement I haven't anymore issues with it. See if that's something the dealer can do for you.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Mine was replaced under warranty about 10,000 miles ago. So far, so good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts