The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This came with the car and don't really have any idea what it is. It almost looks like a place to mount a radar detector or something but I am just guessing.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Bracket for the front license plate.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ohhhhhhhh hahaha...thanks!

I wonder if anyone actually uses it!

·
Registered
712 Posts
"Have to"???? Since when did we care? I'll pay the ticket rather than put that ugly cr*p on the front of any of my cars. We are supposed to here in Cali too but they usually don't bother pulling you over just for that. They usually tack it on to bigger offenses. Kind of like icing on the cake. :)

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
"Have to"???? Since when did we care? I'll pay the ticket rather than put that ugly cr*p on the front of any of my cars. We are supposed to here in Cali too but they usually don't bother pulling you over just for that. They usually tack it on to bigger offenses. Kind of like icing on the cake. :)
lol unless you live in south torrance, when i was in High School, i got like 5 "fix it" tickets during the summer vacation months from loud intake, no front plate, to modified exhaust, and no i was NOT speeding, since they were NOT speeding tickets, all were "fix it" tickets!!! weakkkk

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
It's Lotus USA's way of saying:
"by law, we're supposed to offer you this bracket to mount your license plate up front, but drill 4 holes in your clam at your own risk!"

I guess it all depends on what kind of enforcement is done in your community.
Some places, like in Hollywood, CA, (Pasadena too I believe) have meter maids that will ticket you for no plate even if you're legally parked in public streets or public parking lots.
I ended up putting front plates on my other cars just to avoid repeatedly paying the fines, which fortunately I was able to pay the first few times by mail.
But I think I've heard that some no-plate tickets require you to take your car into the CHP/Police?
-and I believe some cops can pull you over for no plate as well?

If I ever have to bite it and put on a front plate, I won't go with the factory one.
instead I'll get the custom mount made by BWR - it mounts to your tow hook screw instead of the clam.
no way I'd wanna risk cracking my clam due to having a plate mounted to it!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think a cop is just going to pull you over if they are really bored or have nothing to do. I got pulled over exclusively for not having a front plate one time but it was at about 3 in the morning and I made up an excuse that since my car was a European delivery the holes on the front were made for a European license plate (I had a BMW). Got off with a warning.

I heard they crack down a lot more at airports too

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Dude, why dont you just stick the license plate where you put the hook and put some silicone or something or find a way to keep it there?
Besides the ugly factor, I'm not going to block ~1/3 of my intake with a sheet of metal.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Well... I guess that this is just about the only advantage of moving from San Diego CA to the Phoenix area of Arizona... no required front license plate! :coolnana:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts