The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i go out to my car today after having it for a total of less then a week to find vandalism has been brought upon my new car. UGHHHH. luckily they didnt do anything to the car...however what they did do was take my temporary tags off, burn them, and then leave the burnt tag right next to my car...how ridiculous some ppl are.

i hate arrogance. :mad::sad:

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Yeah, that is pretty odd.

·
Registered
527 Posts
So sorry to hear that. Glad no harm was done to the car. I always thought Lotus generated such good karma with their cars. I had an incident as well that frankly shocked me.

Leaving a gathering of Loti where I had parked my Elise in the farthest corner of the lot of a Japanese restaurant in Orlando. Well when I go to leave there right next to me where I cannot even open my door in the next to farthest parking spot is a Hummer H1. I stop to talk to my fellow loti compadres in the parking lot, not near my car, and we all saw the guy and his crew. One guy approach the car put his beer on the car and pee'ed in the bushes next to the car!!! Then as I approach the driver backs up and the rest of the crew get in. I just glared at him not sure what to do. Glad I did not have a weapon, as I stood there totally dumbfounded as to wtf why? They do not know me. Why would they? Well it took me a couple of days to count my blessings both for the fact that I do not understand them and that I have a wonderful life.:D

Hope I didn't bore you! I just was going to say I had a incident once.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Obese people.

·
Registered
222 Posts
That would make me so mad! I think I would be hiding in a shrub somewhere tomorrow waiting for them to come back. rotfl

·
Registered
527 Posts

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Are you sure the burned tag is yours? Maybe they took yours, burned theirs and now they're running around with your tag. I hope you don't get a call from the police saying your car was used in a getaway or something.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Are you sure the burned tag is yours? Maybe they took yours, burned theirs and now they're running around with your tag. I hope you don't get a call from the police saying your car was used in a getaway or something.
Good point.

I once had a severed hog's head left on my front porch.:shrug:

Installed a surveillance camera and busted my daughter's friend TP'ing my yard.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i think a car cover just might be being purchaced very soon...i dont want somethign worse to happen to the elise.

·
Registered
744 Posts
People really need to learn to respect other people and their properties. Haven't their parents taught them when they're young, "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you." This little number would make our world so much better..

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I think a car cover screams "I'm anal, F with my car."

I treat it like a regular car. Parallel park it, put it in a garage, park in any neighborhood. at the end of the day, you're essentially driving 2 Civics, so just relax and don't act like a D-bag (not saying that is what you did, but I see it all the time from Porsche and BMW folks) and no one will mess with your stuff, other than the random crap.

·
Banned
1,348 Posts
I had a guy not check his blindspot and almost side swiped me. I called it 3 seconds before it happened out loud to my passenger. Then when I hit the horn he tried to get out of his car at the next light and fight me.

I feel ya.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts