The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dynoed my 2011 S1 (13K miles) in pure stock form except for cooling radiator added in rear, underneath the engine) on a Hunter dyno yesterday with temps in the 40s. The best of 3 runs was 294.58 hp. Is this pretty much in line with other dynoes of S1s? I plan to add headers, CAI and tune. Not sure about a larger crank pulley, but I don't believe I will install a smaller s/c pulley. What do you suggest?

·
Illegal Alien
4,971 Posts
search my name for some dyne plots from 2014-2016 .. 294 @6100 rpm and Tmax 279 ft-lbs @ 4300 rpm was my baseline. I would not recommend changing pulley sizes, a) going to larger crank will eliminate the harmonic balancer within the stock pulley, and b) increasing SC rpm by larger crank or smaller sc pulley will push teh SC even further past optimal thermal efficiency, raising even more heat after than more boost. Lotus didn't go to a larger SC on the 400's for no reason.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Sounds about right if you assume 15% drivetrain loss. What do you mean by "cooling radiator added in rear"?

·
Registered
88 Posts
sounds about right. I did a CAI from BOE and a Plack exhaust. best pull was 314 whp. that would equate to 368 crank HP so i am pleased. The car does feel a little quicker so it was a good investment for me. not sure about the stage 2 stuff for me but yes it can be 15% or more is about right. I am sure some will chime in that it is less but everything I see and read is 15% or more loss to the wheels.

·
Registered
2011 Evora NA 6sp
587 Posts
About 420 whp
Edit: 2011 Evora with BOE TVS1900 supercharger. This was with stock NA clutch, flywheel and trans.

·
Registered
2011 Evora NA 6sp
587 Posts
???? what am I missing? is this a mod Evora S or a 400 with mods?
2011 Evora. Started NA. Has the BOE tvs1900 supercharger kit.

·
Maniacal Motorist
86 Posts
You're skewing the poll, haha!

I'd really like to get my tune so I can appreciate the transformation. I had an issue downloading the firmware to the ECU. All I need is that and my tune file. Oh, and the headers back from Swain.

·
Registered
88 Posts
is the eh
You're skewing the poll, haha!

I'd really like to get my tune so I can appreciate the transformation. I had an issue downloading the firmware to the ECU. All I need is that and my tune file. Oh, and the headers back from Swain.
Is the header install a big deal or a simple mod????

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts
Here's a thread on it...

·
Maniacal Motorist
86 Posts
The BOE headers are supposed to go on pretty easily. I currently have the rear clam off, but it will likely be back in place before the install.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts