The Lotus Cars Community banner

What kind of motorcycle do you currently own?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You can select multiple makes.

Ducatis get a lot of attention here. But I wonder how prevalent they actually are. Please feel free to post up photos of your rides. :)

Findings:

With 100 responses to the poll, it seems safe to say that Hondas are clearly the most commonly owned motorcycle here with approximately 29% of the motorcyclists here owning one.

Yamahas and Ducatis are in a dead heat owned by approximately 17% of the motocyclists here. This would make Ducatis FAR more common among LotusTalkers than the average motorcycle owning public.

BMWs, Kawasakis, Harleys, Suzukis, and Triumphs are in a statistical tie for fourth place. Perhaps it's no surprise that European bikes are more commonly owned on this forum than the general motorcycle owning public.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Can't vote twice for more than one from a single manufacturer.
;)

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
I'm being under-represented in the same way. :)
Excellent!
:up:

Let's see... limiting it to current...
;)

Had just gotten the 916 back together (was still waiting on the early style exhaust shield - sheesh):

Met a designer from Honda this evening. He and several others were going around the country quietly doing research - he tipped his hand to us when he saw this pair as he was a Japanese ex-pat (buddy's scoot next to mine):

Working on the Aprilia - copied Hopper's engine set-up (he rode for a friend before making it "big") No pics of the R1 in the background since it's long gone.

Time for a new battery:

I've got a spare room that's literally 1/2 filled with motorcycle parts - everything from wheels to cranks.
:D

Ummm... Moto44? Pics?
-poke-

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Deeyam cody has lots of bike :D

Thanks to Moto44 once again, I now have another bike! LOL!

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Deeyam cody has lots of bike :D

Thanks to Moto44 once again, I now have another bike! LOL!
It's an addiction.
:D

I'm currently looking for two more and putting off two others simply because I don't have the space. I figure it will level off somewhere around 8-12 bikes and 3-4 cages.
:eek:

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
BEAUTIFUL bike codymac! In the 13 years since I first laid eyes on an early 916 at a small local bike shop no machine has captured my imagination so strongly. I've owned a 748 BP, a 916S, an MV Agusta F4S, and looked at everything else out there but that right there is exactly the bike that I want: Red 916 mono with the early graphics, SP tail section, SP wheels and Termi's. Wow, what a machine. The only thing that I would prefer to see differently would be a red front fender. Thanks for sharing the pic.

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We have a number of bikes in the other category. I thought I had a pretty extensive list. Anybody care to share what "other" bikes they have?

·
Registered
4,451 Posts

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
We have a number of bikes in the other category. I thought I had a pretty extensive list. Anybody care to share what "other" bikes they have?
I didn't vote because I don't have a bike but I considered voting "other" just to see the results. Just a thought.

1 - 20 of 210 Posts