The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cooper S needs it's first new set of pads. Anyone got any suggestions for a pad type or place to get them? Based on recommends from you'all I'm running pagids on my Elise and love them. What's the best pad to use for my '05 cooper S for street use? I want good stopping power cold or hot, low dust, but this car doesn't see track duty so I can avoid super pads with super cost.

thanks-
-doma

·
Premium Member
3,034 Posts
I am interested as well....

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've been running carbotech bobcats on mine and have been vey happy. Thyre a little pricey but have better stoppingnpower than stock and MUCH lest dust and virtually no noise. I got mine from autoxcooper.com, they're great to deal with.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I used the EBC Greenstuff pads that I got from MiniMani on my 02 MCS. They did somewhat reduce the amount of dust on the wheels however I did not perceive a huge boost in performance over the stock pads.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
I put EBC Greenstuff's on my Mom's Audi A6 a while back and they squeal like mad. Only once warmed up a little. Used brake pad anti squeal and followed their bed in procedure too. Never had another pad squeal like that and I have used EBC's before on my BMW. (Actually have a pair sitting here for my bike so hope they don't do the same thing) The only other squealing pad I ever had were Mintex Redbox but that was only the first time you pulled out of the garage in the day and they wouldn't squeal after that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts