The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the market for a Lotus,ive always liked the Esprit,the Elise actually re-sparked my interest in Lotus.I seen one from far a while back and knew it was a Lotus.I visited a Lotus dealer recently and just felt they were too tiny,they didnt have that "super-car" appearance like the esprits do! Dont get me wrong its a nice looking car,but just maybe not for me. So I think I will end op with an Esprit! The styling may be a little dated for some,but the car was way ahead of its time,even the late 70s still look like a million bucks.Who knows maybe some day I will own a Elise but for now I think Esprit! I also know the Esprit will still be valued the same 5 years from now.

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
For sure get what makes you happy, but I would suggest you test drive the cars you are considering. If you drive an Elise or Exige I think you'll get a different perspective.

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
The Esprit is a great car! But if you are concerned about the long-term resale value, you should understand that there is a sizeable difference in maintenance cost between the Elise and the Esprit. The Esprit is much more demanding. But, get what you love.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have driven the Esprit I might buy,and it is truely the nicest handling car I have driven,vette,911,F-355.Im thinking of returning to the dealer to test the Elise,but I heard strange thing about the handling.Soon i will see for myself!

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
The two cars feel very different in terms of handling. The Elise fits somewhere between the Esprit and a shifter kart.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts