The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had a digital thermostat installed on my 05 elise. Immediately after the installation, I started getting drips of water on my right ankle. It didn't do that before I had the installation.

My dealer is 2.5 hours away. Any idea what they might have done to cause this problem, and might it be an easy fix?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
I recently had a digital thermostat installed on my 05 elise. Immediately after the installation, I started getting drips of water on my right ankle. It didn't do that before I had the installation.

My dealer is 2.5 hours away. Any idea what they might have done to cause this problem, and might it be an easy fix?

Thanks
I don,t think the dealer has done anything to cause this.The air ducts to the footwell are much warmer than the in coming cold air, causing condensation. The negative is that insulating those ducts may be difficult. The positive is that the upgraded thermostat is generating cooler air.
Michael

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don,t think the dealer has done anything to cause this.The air ducts to the footwell are much warmer than the in coming cold air, causing condensation. The negative is that insulating those ducts may be difficult. The positive is that the upgraded thermostat is generating cooler air.
Michael
Two additional bits of info, one, I never even had a drop before, and two, the upgrade to the new thermostat had a negligible effect on the cooling.

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
Two additional bits of info, one, I never even had a drop before, and two, the upgrade to the new thermostat had a negligible effect on the cooling.
Check that the 4" duct exiting the HVAC enclosure is securely connected.
Michael

1 - 4 of 4 Posts