The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, gonna be listing my k swapped elise up for sale soon, as well as my built turbo ls1 swapped 350z because i am buying into a franchise and need liquid cash. just trying to gauge what its worth. bought the car in 8/2012 as saffron yellow touring with lss with 55k on it.

2005 elise- 62,xxx on chassis car makes about 400whp on 14lbs on e85, tuned by whatadsm. car will have more fine tuning from ums tuning here is arizona upon the cars delivery on 5/5/2014

k20a2 42k on it
k20z3 trans 26k on it
custom widened front and rear fender bottoms, shaved front clam, shaved rear (paint is brand new as of last week on front clam and rocker panels, fixed the rock chips-rest of the paint is just over 1 year old-b135 orange from factory lotus catalog)

all other parts are brand new, less than 60 miles (with receipts for most of them)

innovative swap kit
comp clutch stage 3+
garrett gt3076r
t1r iat
hondata 4bar map
gm 3 port boost solenoid
tial 38mm wastegate
tial bov
custom intercooler/piping, exhaust with ti tip
kpro with boost control
ktuned fuel rail + aeromotive fpr + aem 340lph pump
id1000 injectors
bc racing coilovers
ebc yellow pads
xxr 535 wheels with nitto nt555r's
custom side splitters
highline tuning front lip
custom led taillights
hid headlights with integrated led turn signal
powdercoated rear diffuser gloss black
diamond stitched leather seats and door panels
leather wrapped sills/complete dash/binnacle cover
speedhut tachometer and speedo
boost, water temp, oil pressure, fuel level gauges, aem wideband
new balljoints and track rod ends
lloyds mats
carbon fiber scoops (i believe ftp?)
custom double din setup with pioneer touchscreen
alcantara wrapped hvac control
color matched shifter base console
ecliptech i-shift progressive shift light mounted in the steering wheel upper ring, and rewrapped in leather for an oem look
all electronics are wired to an aftermarket fuse panel with fuses for each device.

picture of the car from the paint booth as of wednesday 4/23/14

quick pull after my tune. if you follow the k20z3 gear speed calculator, this is about 5-90 in this pull, with a boost leak which whatadsm can confirm. no boost leaks during the tuning session, which he can also confirm.

heres a quick video of it running. note the tablet dash was replaced by the speedhut tach/speedo because it was too laggy for the k series. was not laggy with the oem lotus powerplant. engine bay was also dramatically cleaned up. sorry for the sideways video, dont know how to turn it in any of my programs

what would you guys think is a fair price for this?

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
stock low mile elises are going for low 30's.
It's a tough call. I live in Phoenix, and know these are pretty rare even before the kswap. I bought mine with 23k mi for $28k though. I guess it's worth what someone will pay for it. I'm guessing you will never get the money back out that you spent. You really need to find someone that knows these cars really well and can appreciate the swap. For most people, especially a first owner, I'm sure an engine swap would make them wary.

Maybe list it in Highline Autos locally, since you will reach a more discerning buyer through that avenue. I can put you in touch with someone there if you need help. Professional photos make a difference.

·
Registered
238 Posts
with a turbo k-swap and clean body, i'd say closer to $50k, a stock exige S already goes for $40-45k and this thing should blow it out of the water head to head

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,971 Posts
I think it will really come down to the quality of the swap... If the engine bay is super clean, all the wiring is in order and the overall fit and finish is factory looking you could expect more money...

Now if it looks like a hack job with wiring everywhere it will likely hurt the value of the car.

The key is finding the right buyer. Most people don't want a highly modified car which will lower the value or make it so you have to wait longer finding the right buyer. Personally I like the idea of a k-swap, but would be afraid to buy one because I would never know how good of a swap was done...

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
^that would be amazing. also, just moved to fountain hills arizona a week ago!
PM me if you want/can. I'll give you a heads up on the car scene in AZ too. Lots of good places in fountain hills and Scottsdale to introduce into your repertoire. :up:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
i would say 35 to 40. because it is so modded only a person with skills to understand and work on it would likely buy it.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Whatever people will pay for it.

It's a one-off, so it's just like any other one off: there's no way to predict accurately because the market is tiny.

Maybe you'll find someone who was planning on doing a K-swap anyway and likes the way you've done yours, and you can talk them into giving you 40+k for it because they were going to spend the money either way. Personally, I like the K-swap and would pay a bit more for the power and larger aftermarket, but I also like tracking the car and your car seems more suited to the street, so I wouldn't buy the car for anything higher than mid-to-high 30s.

I think it's more likely that you'll have a lot of trouble selling at any price. A lot of people in the market right now seem to want to keep a car for 1-2 years and flip it, so they care a lot about how easy it will be to move the car for close to what they paid for it. That's why we see so many posts looking for "no/low mods never tracked" cars.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Wow we

That's amazingly modded I really like it, but you'll have a hard time selling such a modded car :confused: I'd be interested a 40-45k. But I'm sure you have a lot more in it. Good luck with the sale.
:UK:

·
Registered
663 Posts
It'll take a special buyer regardless... I guess it depends on how quickly you want to sell it, to be honest. If you need it gone in a couple weeks, I probably wouldn't be asking too much. But, if you have a few months to sit on it, you can put the higher price tag on it and hope someone that really appreciates it and is willing to pay for it will come along.

With a special car like this, I wouldn't let people know you're in too much of a bind to sell, though.. because that'll just lead people to give you low-balls and walk away easier. ;)

Again, as others have said, how clean the build is could easily mean the world. I'd totally be interested in this if I didn't currently have my Exige and the build was super clean. I would probably walk away if it looked like a hack job. I can't see a picture of the engine, but the rest of the car looks well-maintained.

Good luck :)

·
Registered
712 Posts
Rework your intercooler set up so it actually works and I'd give you 40k if I were on the market.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Intercooler temps surprisingly were only 30 above ambient after multiple dyno runs. I have 2 fans, and ducting from the bottom of the diffuser. However i am curious to see how it is in everyday street driving in this arizona heat. Im on the fence about air to water, but it seems like the only logical solution given these cars piss poor airflow to the rear lol.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Should pass emissions no problem. Ill find out when i get the car to the dmv next week

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
I think it is worth about the same as a stock one unfortunately. Heavily modded cars are always difficult to price and sell. Occasionally people run across just the right buyers though.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts