The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I hope he had the scuff guard in the front:D

seriously, though, glad and amazed he was able to walk away....

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Ah, nothing some touch up paint can't fix. ;)

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
That will buff right out.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
So that's what happens when you pull the emergency escape handle in the trunk....

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
For sale: set of 3 LSS wheels. Make offer....

If only he had had those side reflectors this may not have happened....

·
Registered
670 Posts
nxm150 said:
What does TADTS mean?
They all do that sir.

It's what you are told by any Brit car mechanic when you complain of a problem. Any problem. Every sqeek, grind, pull, or thunk is "normal"

Steve

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
From a quick look, it's impressive.

It appears that the rear clamshell was ripped off, along with the suspension. I can't tell, but is that the engine flying through the air?:huh:

In any case, the tub appears to be intact - just stuff ripped off the rear. I could be why the driver was not seriously injured...

Tim Mullen

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
We should remember that the way a race-prepped example handles a crash and the way that your Elise is likely to are probably only very tenuously related.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
TimMullen said:
From a quick look, it's impressive.

It appears that the rear clamshell was ripped off, along with the suspension. I can't tell, but is that the engine flying through the air?:huh:

In any case, the tub appears to be intact - just stuff ripped off the rear. I could be why the driver was not seriously injured...

Tim Mullen
Hmm. Looks like the front to me (see side of car with intakes grills.)

I'm guessing it's the radiator (assuming it's the front, that's the only thing that would spew fluids like that).

ed

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
EdHahn said:

I'm guessing it's the radiator (assuming it's the front, that's the only thing that would spew fluids like that).

ed
That is what I thought also.

·
Registered
711 Posts
So, I was just looking at that picture again in more detail. It looks like it hit the tire wall from the right side, flipped into the air and landed on the other side facing the other direction. The car on the track is facing the opposite direction to the wreck, and you can see the trail of steam coming from the radiator. It's too bad they didn't get a picture a split second sooner, you'd get to see a flying Elise. Then you could tell your friends you have a flying car.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
EdHahn said:

ed
Woops... I sit corrected...

I saw the orange back of the other car, and I guess my mind interpreted that it was the part of the clam shell that was ripped off (even though it was too big). I was concentrating on the chassis of the car remaining pretty much intact (straight and flat)...

You guys are right, it's definitely the front that's ripped off and the radiator flying through the air.

Still, it's quite impressive that the tub held together.

Tim Mullen

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts