The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Lotus Exige S
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! Decided to do some [first time for me] routine maintenance over the holiday weekend. After removing the undertray, I came to find this aftermarket oil pan. I'm now questioning the impact this has on oil capacity and trying to identify which model it is. Haven't been able to locate this exact one from the searches I've done thus far. Anyone recognize it?

Cheers and appreciate the help.

Attachments

·
Registered
966 Posts

·
Administrator
2010 Exige S260
2,147 Posts
When you change the oil, make sure to insert a long tool into the oil pan drain to open the trap door inside the oil pan, this will let all the old oil to drain from the oil pan.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
When you change the oil, make sure to insert a long tool into the oil pan drain to open the trap door inside the oil pan, this will let all the old oil to drain from the oil pan.
It will let a lot more oil out of your oil pan, but if you have the stock oil cooler(s) in front and the long lines you'll still have a lot of old oil in your system. That is a nice tip though, and I don't remember seeing that posted. :up:

San

·
Administrator
2010 Exige S260
2,147 Posts
@oldmansan

Agree 100% with you about the remaining old oil in the system, but who really has the time to drain the front coolers? We are better off without the front oil coolers anyway.

·
Premium Member
2005 Elise LSS Saffron Yellow
761 Posts
One of the reasons I bypassed the stock cooler setup (I have an '05 with the 'Persian Gulf' dual front coolers package) was to get cleaner oil changes. I already removed about a pound of oil from the car by blowing out the coolers and lines. Once I get them removed the car will be simpler and lighter still.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
@oldmansan

Agree 100% with you about the remaining old oil in the system, but who really has the time to drain the front coolers? We are better off without the front oil coolers anyway.
First thing I did was to have them removed.

San

·
Registered
2007 Exige S
34 Posts
I see your black plastic flywheel dust cover is not installed. I just installed the moroso pan and either forget to put that in first or it just ain't gonna fit now.

A bit of googling and I see a DD Performance makes a stainless bolt on that looks decent. Went to buy one, but on back order.

Thoughts from the forum as to its importance and options for a piece that fits with the moroso pan?

Thanks, Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts