1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Every time I drive my Lotus I feel the one option the car is missing is:

Power Mirrors!!

2. And Why?

I keep the car covered and the mirrors are always pointed south and they are a pain to adjust correctly.

For fun--Please answer the two questions above and if you want to comment on my mirror dilema--that's cool.

LPM

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
Oh, that's the kind of question that's gets tomatoes thrown at you.

We don't want power mirrors.

We don't want power seats.

We barely want our radios and air conditioners.

They add weight.

We don't want more weight. rotfl

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
I was going to try to make a tool....sort of a U-shaped tube with something like a toilet-plunger on the end, that you could use to adjust the passenger side mirror from the driver's seat. Never got around to it.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
I sometimes ask whoever is standing around the car to help me out with the passenger side mirror adjustment-there's almost always somebody. Ocassionally, one will say incredulously "This thing doesn't have power mirrors?" People leaning in to see the weird aluminum tub seem to constantly knock my mirrors out of whack. I wouldn't knock someone for wanting (extremely light) power mirrors. But I don't want 'em.

Tom

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Missing Options ???

How about a

Flux Capacitor

:popcorn:

·
Registered
705 Posts
Maybe not power mirrors, per se. How about the levers that cars used to have. I seem to remember something like that on my old X1/9. It would certainlay make it easier to adjust from the drivers seat.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I'm missing the touring pack...
... By Design. :)

Also I'm missing the non-power windows...
... really think I'd prefer those over the power windows.

Cheers,
-Darryl

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
A drive to the track is a long tedious freeway jaunt. It would be nice to have cruise control.

Reaching over to roll down the passenger window get's old fast. The power window buttons shoud be on the center console.

Manuevering out of a tight parking spot makes me wish for power steering. At least it will save the steering rack from stress. Oh well, I wouldn't trade for the steering response it has now!

Cup holder? well.......

I miss my '06 MX-5's convertable top. Elise's soft top takes some time compared to the MX-5.

The radio/stereo's poor quality and the A/C and heater wimpiness was mentioned before.

A simple minor parking lot scrape turns into a $10,000 clam replacement. I'm paranoid driving in any parking lot.:panic:

So here are some of the "options" I miss, traded for a lightweight performer that is the "best handling car on the planet.

--Hal

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
From the drivers seat, I reached over the passenger side, and reached out the passenger window, and closed the gas cap lid !!!!!

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
The option I'm missing is: my car. But, I agree on the mirrors issue. I have long arms and that was still a bit of a pain. Don't have to be power, but when there are stickers covering holes where manual mirrors could be adjusted, come on.

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
From the drivers seat, I reached over the passenger side, and reached out the passenger window, and closed the gas cap lid !!!!!
WTF does that have to do with anything?

Anyway, I would also like cruise control. It barely adds any weight and would be great to have on longer trips.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
I still haven't figured out why the power window switches weren't either double on the driver's side or both on the center console. Very little weight or complexity added in either instance.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The weight!!

We could all stand to loose a few pound especially us older guys.

If I loose 3 lbs. can I have power mirrors? LOL

I love my power windows. It helps me adjust my mirrors.

LPM

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Cruise control (the only luxury item needed)

Montreal was a long drive and every once and a while I ended up doing about 90mph without even knowing it.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Cruise control (the only luxury item needed)

Montreal was a long drive and every once and a while I ended up doing about 90mph without even knowing it.
Cruise control is #1.

A trunk latch is the other. Just so I don't have to turn the car and my music off.

·
Registered
744 Posts
It's missing a raccoon tail and an antenna so people can see the car when I drive by. Otherwise, they'l have to look down.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Power Mirrors!!
That'd mean potentially two more motors and two more switches to fail!

(but at least it wouldn't be like the Lucas electronics in my MG)

·
Super Moderator
5,454 Posts
I'd really like to be able to close the engine cover one handed - I am always putting things in and taking them out and have to put them on the ground before and after - that is my only wish (and no I can't use the lid-bone - don't have a Toyota engine).

1 - 20 of 42 Posts