The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. As I'm counting down to my Elise purchase, I'm curious as to what you think would compliment a Lotus Elise purchase? I was originally thinking Maserati Granturismo. But I think I want to tone it down a bit... Someone suggested a Mini Clubman S.

Any opinions?

·
Registered
4,922 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
I have 2 MINI S. Buy the 2005 and 2006 Model. Really has the same feel as the Elise. Newer ones do not.

·
Registered
965 Posts
How bout a Ferrari 360? rotfl
Dw if you don't get the EliseSC reference. He just bought a Red 360 and he had a Red Elise SC, so I'm just jealous.

I'd +1 the V8 Vantage/Vanquish/DB9, any is amazing.
How bout the new Jag XKR? S-Class Benz? Audi A8L? IMHO, the Elise is for those fun nice days, and you need a Big A/4WD "Sneaky" Car to match. You'd have to get it in Black on Black. ;)

·
Registered
879 Posts
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
+1 - Top comes off, it goes everywhere the Elise can't, and they'll be going really cheap the next couple of weeks!

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Bugatti Veyron

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Which ever tow vehicle you prefer. I love my Tundra.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Either a tow vehicle (truck of some sort) or a motorcycle, else a comfy but competent (performing) sedan.

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
I've got a Range Rover with the Elise....I'd like to go all British and get a DB9 to complement the trio.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
It really depends on where you live, and what sort of driving you need to do. My other car is a MINI Cooper S, R56, the new version. (I like it alot, and it gets 42mpg highway) In addition, I have an Aprilia Atlantic 500 maxiscooter and a Genuine Stella 150cc scooter. So I can pretty much go anywhere, park anywhere and still have fun just driving.

If you were to get a MINI, I would get a JCW Clubman S. They are fast, efficient, handle well, and have lots of room for stuff.

As to some of the other choices, yeah, and Aston Martin would be great, but it all depends on your budget, both for the purchase, and insurance, annual maint, and property taxes.

Good luck, whatever you decide.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts