The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all... One thing I noticed about Elisetalk is that it is sort of an Ellis Island for "sports car immigrants" -- that most of us hail from other sports car nations, as it were. I drive an M3, another guy might drive an STi... and then there are those Miatas and MR2s.

So what *other* message boards does everyone else frequent? Or which ones did you USE to frequent?

I'm not trying to steal traffic from Elisetalk. I'm just interested in the architecture of message boards, and I'd like to see some good examples.

(And, no, I have no intention of starting my own board called "Elise Island: a welcome home for the wretched refuse of teeming sports car shores.")

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PCBstandards and Anandtech, Randy?

Quite the silicon geek!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Anyone else a member of Motley fool's website, fool.com. I joined up there a long time ago to learn how to be more frugal with my money but here I am blowing 45K on a pleasure vehicle. LOL!!

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Nochmal said:
Like Randy, http://www.spyderchat.com

Bit of a soap opera at times...
To me, sadly, it seems like things are going downhill there. More discussion about the forum and if new members suck or the old guard sucks. More discussion about the people than the cars.

I predict it will get worse, because the Spyder is a bit long in the tooth now and used ones are getting cheaper. Expect to see more and more Spyders bought by the youth out here on the coast and the only question they want to ask if what is the best wing and what is the biggest rims you can fit on the car. And the old guard will get more upset.

Some enthusaists that added a lot of value to that forum are moving on. With fewer and fewer new Spyders being bought (and none after 2004?).... where is the new blood going to come from?

Maybe I am wrong and things will improve at SC. :shrug:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts