Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just send in my order:

Arctic Silver
No Touring Pack
Yes Sport Pack
No Hardtop

I dont' really care if you all got hardtops or not but i'm interested in the touring/sport package picks. So here's a poll to complement the color poll...

-Steve

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Both. I didn't want to. Would have been nice to stay at the base car price.

But... I liked the seats and insulated top on Touring. Then I wanted the ability to play MP3 CDs on the stereo. An the electric windows seem like a better idea. And it's only 12-15 pounds.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have a personal rule that on sports cars i do not order anything that is not a performance option. That ruled out the touring package. The MP3 thing would have been nice but i will just play my iPOD through the radio instead.

I had to put a little more thought into the sport package but in the end that wasn't all that tough either. For the last month i have been driving my stepfather's Porsche GT2 almost daily so i'm pretty sure the harsh ride will not bother me.

-Steve

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Base model - Chrome Orange - no Hardtop.

I didn't want the power window or carpeting (one of the things I like is the bare aluminum. Don't plan on having the top on any more than I have to, and when I do, the soft top will do just fine.

Couldn't decide on the LSS - the base Elise should do just fine, and I can add LSS later if I desire. I like a "stiff" ride, but I'd like to know how stiff before buying...

Tim Mullen

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
TimMullen said:

I didn't want the power window or carpeting (one of the things I like is the bare aluminum. Don't plan on having the top on any more than I have to, and when I do, the soft top will do just fine.
you realize the base model includes carpeting though, right?

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Guess I didn't check very closely on the show cars. What the differance in carpeting between the base and touring packages?

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
LarryB said:
Guess I didn't check very closely on the show cars. What the differance in carpeting between the base and touring packages?
A small (like a foot matt) carpet is standard. The touring package includes carpeting bits around and behind the seats that are attached with velcro.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
atyclb said:
you realize the base model includes carpeting though, right?
I was meaning the additional carpets...;)

Tim Mullen

·
Registered
81 Posts
Might as well get it loaded it's better for resale.
I've read several posts now that say loading up on options increases the resale value later. Maybe the blue books support this, but I've always thought that the value of most options probably drops to 0 over the lifetime of the car. When shopping for a used car I would never pay appreciably more than the avg selling price for a car just because it was loaded with random options I may or may not want. Maybe I'm just cheap. ;)

Having said that I went for the touring package because I really wanted power windows. (Crank windows make me think of a rental Toyota corolla). Seat upgrade and carpets is nice too.

I wonder if the insulated top eats into the headroom? I'm at the limit with the standard top on europec cars.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
The only part of the Touring Package that I want is the power windows. I don't consider the desire for power windows to be worth the money they're charging for the TP, so I'm going to get a bone stock car (probably with a metallic paint). One thing that helped me to make this decision was noticing that the switch for the power windows goes where the winder was, so that it is the same interior trim for both. I smell retrofit...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts