The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well by now we’ve all heard the rumors of a mysterious part that Lotus is waiting for that is causing a delay in finalizing the cars. Does anyone have any insight as to what part is causing the delay?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Also, is this part preventing the car from being finished (i.e. - fixing this would reveal other problem with parts)?

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
It must be a backorder on the carbon fiber cupholders.
We should start a pool guessing at the mystery part, but would we ever know who won?
My bet would be starter button.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
my sources (who i cannot reveal) tell me that it is the muffler bearings. Also the current turmoil in the middle east has caused the price of blinker fluid to skyrocket.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
As I understand it, it's a shortage of bugs. This being a British sports car, Lotus is required by law to put at least 5 bugs in each vehicle before delivery.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
The muffler bearings referenced below darn well better the the Chrome muffler bearings anything else is not worth the wait!

offroadr35 said:
my sources (who i cannot reveal) tell me that it is the muffler bearings. Also the current turmoil in the middle east has caused the price of blinker fluid to skyrocket.

·
Forum Mop
612 Posts
James A said:
The muffler bearings referenced below darn well better the the Chrome muffler bearings anything else is not worth the wait!
i had to install some new ones in my Jeep just the other day. :cool:

·
Registered
446 Posts
atyclb said:
I think it's the fetzer valve
No, I think it's the bypass line.

They're also gonna need some pliers and, ahhh, a set of 30-weight ball bearings. Probably have to go out to the truck, and that's what's taking so long.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
coulthard fan said:
No, I think it's the bypass line.

They're also gonna need some pliers and, ahhh, a set of 30-weight ball bearings. Probably have to go out to the truck, and that's what's taking so long.
yeah, could be the bypass line

·
Registered
35 Posts
It's so simple maybe they need a refresher course. It's all ball bearings now a days.

atyclb said:
I think it's the fetzer valve
I think they have the fetzer valves, they are just not preparing them correctly. If they would just prepare the fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gause pads we will be all set.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Re: It's so simple maybe they need a refresher course. It's all ball bearings now a days.

CO_NYer said:
If they would just prepare the fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gause pads we will be all set.
And they're gonna need about 10 quarts of antifreeze, preferably Prestone. No, no, make that Quaker State.

ok, I'll shut up now.:wave:

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Unhijacking attempt..

Seriously though, what part is holding things up? Don't we have SPIES near Hethel? Are they amassing finished cars waiting for shifter knobs, or do they have a bunch of no-starts waiting for aluminium glue or something?

Spy.. we need a spy.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts