The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Vendor
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHAT PRIZES HAVE YOU WON?

At EBC we like to give away free gifts, promotional items and run competitions with various prizes, including our recent Fiesta ST giveaway and our upcoming muscle car sweepstake (The EBC Brakes Muscle Car Sweepstakes (powernationtv.com)

This got us wondering, what prizes have people won, good or bad? Some of our team at EBC HQ have won clothing, free food and drink and even a holiday!

We want you to join in, and comment below with what prize you won, what you had to do to win it, and show us any photos that were involved.

We will send out a couple of free EBC Brakes gifts to one randomly selected participant along the way.

·
Administrator
6,953 Posts
I've won a free week in Acapulco ..ironically signing up for a physical conditioning class that I had to stop after the first session blew my back out. Many howls of displeasure from others. Also won a free VIP weekend at Charlotte plus $500....only NASCAR event ever seen. Hotel taken care of, taken by VIP coach to head of the lines and then maybe a dozen others and us were waited on by twice that number while enjoying great food and drink overlooking the race at one of the turns.

·
Vendor
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've won a free week in Acapulco ..ironically signing up for a physical conditioning class that I had to stop after the first session blew my back out. Many howls of displeasure from others. Also won a free VIP weekend at Charlotte plus $500....only NASCAR event ever seen. Hotel taken care of, taken by VIP coach to head of the lines and then maybe a dozen others and us were waited on by twice that number while enjoying great food and drink overlooking the race at one of the turns.
Wow, that is a good start to the posts, well done and thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
283 Posts
When I was a kid growing up in the Philippines I won 1,000 pesos in a Pepsi bottle cap contest. It was around $50, but that was 100 weeks of allowance! I bought a nice soccer ball, and probably a bunch of chewing gum :)

·
Vendor
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I was a kid growing up in the Philippines I won 1,000 pesos in a Pepsi bottle cap contest. It was around $50, but that was 100 weeks of allowance! I bought a nice soccer ball, and probably a bunch of chewing gum :)
Excellent, typical kid purchases ;)

·
Registered
655 Posts
1. 1997 Esprit - with EBC Yellow pads by the way - looked so good with new pad backs showing against the rotors - that the car won 2nd Place at the All British Car Day show here in Florida.
2. 1978 Crossle 32F Formula Ford on Podium (2nd once Club Ford, 3rd once Formula Ford) as Year End Championship for the SCCA South Atlantic Road Racing Championships - which is the second best attended for entries SCCA Series after National Championships RunOffs. Racecar has also won 1st Place Central Florida Regional SCCA Championships multiple times as Formula Ford or Club Ford.....and a few 2nd or 3rd. State of Florida Championship at EPCOT 1997. Sponsors list either Contingency Awards or money: Good Year, Bausch & Lomb, Professional Contact Lenses, ProClear Contact Lenses. Flexon by Marchon. Two Track Records (now retired) Sebring Short Course.
3. 1967 MGB-GT Special. Multiple 1st Place Class or Overall Championships Martin Sports Car Club (Auto-X) and SCCA Cent. Fla. Region (Auto-X) 1st Place Class Championships. State of Florida Championship 1993 & 1995. SCCA Cent. Fla. Region SPU Championship and Vintage racer. Historic Sports Racing HSR Podium. Sponsors: Bausch & Lomb, Flexon by Marchon.
4. 1994/5 VanDiemen RF2000 Formula Continental - SCCA Championships Central Florida Region 2004, 2006, 2020. Podium: Southern F2000 Pro Series. Multiple Wins or Podiums: SCCA South Atlantic Road Racing Championship. Class Win SCCA Majors Race 2020. Member of 'unofficial average speed' 100 mph club Daytona 24 Hours course. Sponsors and Contingency Awards: Hoosier, Primus Racing, Air Optix/Alcon Pharmaceuticals.
5. Winner: My Wife's hand and heart too! 34 years.
6. The contact lens lab had a contest such that with every order they entered your name in the hat to win a TV. They called up to say I'd won....I didn't even know they were having a contest.
7. 1959 Small Town USA Friday night Merchant's contest to get people to come into town and spend money. With every purchase that evening, buyer gets half of ticket - other half went in the big wire rotating drum......win Merchant Voucher $30 or $100. Nine O'clock close up and everybody goes to the small town square where "pretty girl" picks winning ticket from rotated drum. Picture with big grin in small town newspaper years ago...Seven Year Old Wins $100! I of course bought a slot car track with old style Indy cars.
8. Often times winner of the Florida Highway Patrol "Nope, not going to write you a Ticket"
contest. ......and then there's the times I didn't win....oops.

·
Registered
2005 Saffron Yellow Lotus Elise; 2008 Porsche Cayman S Porsche Design Edition 1: 2011 Audi S4 Manual
273 Posts
I wish I was as lucky as a buddy of mine who finds crazy deals and seems to win contests all the time. It's like he has a lucky horseshoe up his butt or something! 😉

I on the other hand haven't been as lucky as him, but I have won a couple of cool things. I snagged a PS3 with Gran Turismo in a workplace draw back in the day, and also won an upgrade to front-row seats for a Dave Matthew's Band concert. Unfortunately that's about it!

·
Vendor
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1. 1997 Esprit - with EBC Yellow pads by the way - looked so good with new pad backs showing against the rotors - that the car won 2nd Place at the All British Car Day show here in Florida.
2. 1978 Crossle 32F Formula Ford on Podium (2nd once Club Ford, 3rd once Formula Ford) as Year End Championship for the SCCA South Atlantic Road Racing Championships - which is the second best attended for entries SCCA Series after National Championships RunOffs. Racecar has also won 1st Place Central Florida Regional SCCA Championships multiple times as Formula Ford or Club Ford.....and a few 2nd or 3rd. State of Florida Championship at EPCOT 1997. Sponsors list either Contingency Awards or money: Good Year, Bausch & Lomb, Professional Contact Lenses, ProClear Contact Lenses. Flexon by Marchon. Two Track Records (now retired) Sebring Short Course.
3. 1967 MGB-GT Special. Multiple 1st Place Class or Overall Championships Martin Sports Car Club (Auto-X) and SCCA Cent. Fla. Region (Auto-X) 1st Place Class Championships. State of Florida Championship 1993 & 1995. SCCA Cent. Fla. Region SPU Championship and Vintage racer. Historic Sports Racing HSR Podium. Sponsors: Bausch & Lomb, Flexon by Marchon.
4. 1994/5 VanDiemen RF2000 Formula Continental - SCCA Championships Central Florida Region 2004, 2006, 2020. Podium: Southern F2000 Pro Series. Multiple Wins or Podiums: SCCA South Atlantic Road Racing Championship. Class Win SCCA Majors Race 2020. Member of 'unofficial average speed' 100 mph club Daytona 24 Hours course. Sponsors and Contingency Awards: Hoosier, Primus Racing, Air Optix/Alcon Pharmaceuticals.
5. Winner: My Wife's hand and heart too! 34 years.
6. The contact lens lab had a contest such that with every order they entered your name in the hat to win a TV. They called up to say I'd won....I didn't even know they were having a contest.
7. 1959 Small Town USA Friday night Merchant's contest to get people to come into town and spend money. With every purchase that evening, buyer gets half of ticket - other half went in the big wire rotating drum......win Merchant Voucher $30 or $100. Nine O'clock close up and everybody goes to the small town square where "pretty girl" picks winning ticket from rotated drum. Picture with big grin in small town newspaper years ago...Seven Year Old Wins $100! I of course bought a slot car track with old style Indy cars.
8. Often times winner of the Florida Highway Patrol "Nope, not going to write you a Ticket"
contest. ......and then there's the times I didn't win....oops.
Sounds like you’ve certainly had your fair share of prizes over the years!

·
Registered
655 Posts
When the MGB-GT Special was still street legal [ to find out more about that car go to www.EYERACE.com/race-car ] the one Trooper said to me - no kidding - now I did get written up for careless driving instead to tell the truth - but he did say to me, "I can't write you up for speeding because I couldn't keep up with you long enough to clock you."
One day the light came on and I said to myself > you know there are places where you CAN drive like that, so go there and don't do that on the Governor's roads anymore < and the rest is history...........
Or like Clint Eastwood keeps saying in the movie Unforgiven........I ain't like that no more

·
Registered
64 Posts
Oh boy, where do I begin. My grandma loves sweepstakes so I've won way too many to count since she's entered a ton. Probably the most memorable one though was when Legoland California was about to open up (first one in the US), they had a contest to pick one kid from every state to represent their state at the grand opening (all expenses paid). Surprise, I got selected to represent Michigan. As a kid who was hardcore into Lego's, it was basically a complete dream vacation and one I'll never forget, being in the grand opening parade, getting into the park a day before it opened, a meet and greet with a master Lego builder... it was such a fun time especially as a kid at that young age. I still have the badge and backup they gave too. That was such a long time ago and all the pictures aren't digital so nothing I can post now. After that, I won a group breakfast with Curtis Joseph when he played for the Wings, trips to Florida, etc... And recently I won a box of the Peeps Pepsi.

·
Registered
2011 Lotus Evora S - 2000 Honda Civic SiR Turbo
198 Posts
Won 2 Nintendo swicthes back to back in those Facebook waffles/raffles. $40 bux for 2, not to shabby!

·
Vendor
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
When the MGB-GT Special was still street legal [ to find out more about that car go to www.EYERACE.com/race-car ] the one Trooper said to me - no kidding - now I did get written up for careless driving instead to tell the truth - but he did say to me, "I can't write you up for speeding because I couldn't keep up with you long enough to clock you."
One day the light came on and I said to myself > you know there are places where you CAN drive like that, so go there and don't do that on the Governor's roads anymore < and the rest is history...........
Or like Clint Eastwood keeps saying in the movie Unforgiven........I ain't like that no more
How funny is that, thanks for sharing.

·
Administrator
6,953 Posts
In addition I also have three first place trophys in various car shows in exoctic and sports car classes.

Reactions: EBC Brakes UK

·
Vendor
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You are our selected winner, please PM your name and address. Thanks for participating.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts