The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering as to what would constitute a fair/good price for an unsold 07 Exige S from a dealership? Please specify options when you suggest a price. There's quite of few of these cars scattered around the country and I'm looking to get one for a reasonable price. :panic:

·
Registered
431 Posts
A few months ago, Lotus had a program where the more cars the dealers sold within that program (usually 2 months and would extend accordingly) the more money they received from Lotus and that's why you saw dealers discounting upwards of $10K off MSRP which was the maximum they could do without losing money.

That program has ended and as of now, there are no programs in place for July...that could change however. Lotus has 10% profit margins on there cars so deduct that amount from MSRP and you have the actual dealer invoice. Example:

2007 Lotus Exige S
$63,000 MSRP
$ 6300 -10% profit margin
$56,700 Dealer Invoice

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I'll probably pull the trigger within next couple of months... color/options will most likely depend on the deal I get.
:shift:

·
Registered
836 Posts
I have a hard time to believe that the dealers can survive on a 10% Gross Margin in general.

That would not be enough to support this a a single product line, maybe as a complement to another more profitable line.

Again, 10% GM business is hardly worth doing.

·
Banned
874 Posts
I've seen 53k about 2 months ago. probably still about the same.

·
Registered
485 Posts
The 07 Exige S is a great deal considering that most dealers are asking a lot more for the 08 Elise SC and the 08 Exige S 240.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have a hard time to believe that the dealers can survive on a 10% Gross Margin in general.

That would not be enough to support this a a single product line, maybe as a complement to another more profitable line.

Again, 10% GM business is hardly worth doing.

I've seen 53k about 2 months ago. probably still about the same.
10% is all the profit margin for Lotus and if you think thats' bad, BMW only has about 7% profit margin and as a matter of fact, plenty of other car manufacturers have less than 10%, the only difference is that some manufacturers are known for throwing tons of marketing (incentive) monies at their products.

The reason it's worth doing business is because of service and parts ...this is where the dealerships makes ALL of their money.
If you were a new car dealer but did not have a service or parts department, you'd go bankrupt in less than 6 months.

$53K advertisement is not a fully loaded car but still a good deal compared to '08's.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Criswell was/is offering $10K off on their new 2007 Exige S. They have a base model Canyon Red which would go for $53K. I think they may be able to help with the shipping too.

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94/11-need-go-52834/index14.html
It was a little hard to find but found it under Ardent Red :rolleyes: They have it listed for $62,400 and delaer invoice should be right around $56,160. If they sell it for $53K then they are taking a bath on the car which I doubt they'd do OR they might have punched the car (started the warranty) to receive the money from the last program but doubt they did that also.

Looks like you're going to have to buy the car now Allan....seing that the Eagle doesn't exude the "gotta have it" look :D ...Dan, no need to thank me ;)

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Guys, if you know dealerships and/or individuals who have Exige S for a great price then please send me an email ... I would greatly appreciate it! I have spent fair amount of this morning calling dealerships and trying to get a feel for price. I just got off the phone with Steve Harris Imports (Utah), Grand Prix Imports (Portland) and Beverly Hills Lotus. They all have "new old stocks."

While I understand that they might not have a big profit margin but these cars are sitting in the showrooms for >1 yr and in some instances >2yrs (06 manufacture dates)... in the meantime low mileage 07 Exige Ss are selling in mid forties!!:shrug:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just checked... I don't!! :panic:

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Hmm. It is listed as Ardent Red on Criswell's site!

Unfortunately/fortunately, I ended up with an Audi TT Coupe....not only because of the extra seat but because in the 30 months I had my Elise, I only put 13,000 miles on it. I suspect I'd use the Exige S as much - or less.

So, while the Eagle doesn't really hit the "GOTTA HAVE IT!!!" button in me, it's still the most likely choice after my TT's lease is over and I'm hoping the Eagle S (supercharged) will be available by then.

BUT, I'd really like to see Dan sell his Canyon Red Exige S (which is a more brillant color than Ardent Red).

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Well guys, the best I have been able to do today is to get a Solid Offer for 55K on a fully loaded brand new 07 Exige S (Touring/Track/Limited slip differential/Starshield) but I think they will come down to 53-54 if I commit to buying it. Have you all seen/come across anything better... please let me know.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Well guys, the best I have been able to do today is to get a Solid Offer for 55K on a fully loaded brand new 07 Exige S (Touring/Track/Limited slip differential/Starshield) but I think they will come down to 53-54 if I commit to buying it. Have you all seen/come across anything better... please let me know.

If this is sold as a new car, MSRP is probably $68,620 for any metallic colored Exige S and dealer invoice is roughly around $61,758, I'd say that at $55K, you're doing very good. Especially that there are no factory incentives for the month of July.

Doesn't matter but, find out how much warranty is left on this vehicle and if they punched it or put it into demo status.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If this is sold as a new car, MSRP is probably $68,620 for any metallic colored Exige S and dealer invoice is roughly around $61,758, I'd say that at $55K, you're doing very good. Especially that there are no factory incentives for the month of July.

Doesn't matter but, find out how much warranty is left on this vehicle and if they punched it or put it into demo status.
It's not a demo and has less than 100 miles and full warranty. Essentially they are tired of trying to sell it for a while, I guess! :shrug:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts