The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a really nice elise that has the color and hard top that I want but I feel 37,000 is a little high for it. Its a 05 with 9,500 miles on it. The owner said it also has

" Air Conditioning, Power Door Locks, Alloy Wheels, Leather Upholstery, Keyless Entry, Premium Sound System, Bucket Seats, Leather Wrap Steering Wheel, Fog Lamps, Dual Air Bags, Anti Theft/Security System, Daytime Running Lights, SCV Speed Compensated Volume, Intermittent Wipers, Anti-Lock Breaking System (abs). Hard Top and Soft Top".

What do you guys think a fair price for this car is?:shrug:

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
It sounds like a standard Elise with the addition of "fog lights" - if they are the Lotus lights, they are not fog lights, they are Driving Lights that provide supplemental, very bright, long range auxiliary lights that come on with the high beams. Unless they are not the factory (dealer installed) lights.

The '05 cars didn't come with DRL, the '06 and later cars did.

He doesn't mention leather seats or power windows, so it sounds like it's a "Base Package" - i.e. one of the few cars without the Touring Package (some of us prefer it that way). It does come with the optional hardtop apparently.

No mention of the Sport Pack option, so check the wheels - if they are the standard 8 spoke wheels, it probably doesn't have the Sport Pack.

All, in all, it sounds like a typical Elise. As for the price, I don't really know as I don't pay attention to how much they are worth, as I'm not interested in selling mine... :shrug:

·
Registered
122 Posts
If it's just a bare 05 with 10k miles and a hard top, I wouldn't pay over $30K for it. That's $30k if it is in pristine condition. I would probably offer something in $27-$28k range to start with, but if the guy is asking for $37k you probably won't get anywhere.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It does have leather seats and electric windows, and i think it has the ipod connecter so Im assuming its a track pack atleast. It also has 8 spoke wheels so does that mean that it does not have the sport package?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.