The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's kinda last minute. We already picked out her "big" present together... I just need something little to tell her I love her... under $100 preferably.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
transio said:
She hates cars.
Time to get a new girlfriend :D

Kidding, if she is getting the 'big' gift, why get a smaller one? Make a nice bottle of Tattinger

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
As of last week when I tried ordering one of the red Elise models from this site there was a 2-4 week backorder so it wouldn't arrive in time. :(

Maybe our girlfriends have already ordered them for us causing a backlog:D

Transio- Why dont you take her on an airboat or swamp-buggy ride in the Everglades... after that she wont complain about not liking cars.

Seriously, if she is into sports like most of the women I know down here, you could get her a golf bag, tennis racket, volleyball equiptment, stuff for the beach- bathing suits, sun glasses, etc. or Dolphin, Marlin or Panther tickets.

Whatever you do- don't buy her a new vacuum cleaner unless you want her to dump you.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Exoticar International's Beverly Hills store has several Lotus Elise 111s models in yellow and red. Just call the store directly and I'm sure they can send it overnight in-time for Christmas.

As for the girlfriend who hates cars... maybe get her a nice charm bracelet or a bottle of her favorite liquor? Baileys or Amaretto might be good. And just remember... when it comes time to pick-out rings, tell her you hate jewelry! :p

Bob K.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OMG. You guys won't believe this. We just exchanged gifts, and she gave me:

A weekend of track days at Panoz Racing School !!!!!

I'm in love. I have the greatest girlfriend in the world. :D [gloat]

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
That is way cool Steve. Congrats!

Its too bad she doesnt like cars. Here is the list of things that boyfriends in the past have gotten me for xmas:

1998: Build it yourself RC mini cooper (old body style, 1/8 scale) with high power engine and controller. :D

1999: Lotus Elise S1 model, yellow, with Barbie Doll in drivers seat.

2000: H&R springs

2001: An X1/9 model, red, and a trip to the land of FIAT, Italy :D

2002: No boyfriend :(

2003: No boyfriend...still have 2 days though, anyone? I think this christmas I want a race licence!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Damn... my past girlfriends never got me cool stuff like that! I got sweaters, cologne (because she liked what her dad used...:rolleyes: ) and other random stuff.

I don't think my way-in-the-past ex-girlfriend (who got me the cologne) enjoyed the weekend excursion to Bob Bondurant. (We stayed at The Buttes hotel and she shopped all day while I was at race school.) :eek: Same ex-girlfriend made me get rid of my X1/9 and 1970 Mustang Mach 1 because she was "jealous" that I "spent more time with them than with her." :p

Bob K.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hah. Yeah, I never got anything this cool before.

My GF actually asked if she could ride with me the first day. I know she's not really "into" the whole racing / car scene, but despite that, she watches Monster Garage with me religiously and gets me this gift, offering to come along and share it with me, no less. That's love for you. I really feel special :p

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
I'm glad to be single this year...

Instead of spending a ridiculous amount of money on someone who wouldn't appreciate what I bought them, I bought myself a watch :D

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
transio said:
OMG. You guys won't believe this. We just exchanged gifts, and she gave me:

A weekend of track days at Panoz Racing School !!!!!

I'm in love. I have the greatest girlfriend in the world. :D [gloat]
Wow...

She's a keeper! ;)

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
My girlfriend isn't a good gift giver at all. I had to pick my gifts this year. I hate that, it would have been nice to at least have one thing that I didn't pickout under the tree. Christmas just isn't as fun if you already know what your getting.

Conversely I'm a great gift giver - Sparkly stuff, flowers, girly stuff, etc. At least I delude myself into believing that I am... ;)

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sparkly isn't always a good idea. It's better to know what your partner would desire.

For instance, last year I got her diamond earrings because I never saw her wearing earrings. It turns out she didn't have her ears pierced! LOL

This year, I got her a gorgeous watch because I never saw her wearing watches. It turns out she doesn't wear watches because she can't stand how they feel on her wrist!

LMAO.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Yeah, it's nice to know what they would want but it's also nice to sometimes just to go way out of the normal & buy something that they wouldn't expect.

I think one of the best gifts I ever bought was toilet paper. I bought a 24 pack of the good stuff at Sam's club for my parents and each of my sisters with a note attached: "For putting up with my crap over the years" I made every one wait so it was the last thing everyone opened all at once.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts