The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All -

I have decided to trade in my 2009 Elise and get a 2013 Evora - Dealer has it new with about 50 miles on the ODO

Sticker on it is $82,xxx and they have offered it to me at $71,000.

My question for you all is, what should I be paying for this since it is old inventory at a dealer.

Here are the options below -

ISP Transmission
Nav w/ backup cam and sensors
upgraded leather pack
Black (forged?) wheels

Im sure there is a lot more, but cannot recall as i do not have the window sticker in front of me.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,507 Posts
Sounds like you already have a pretty darn good price IMHO. I'd shoot for 69 and hope for 70.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like you already have a pretty darn good price IMHO. I'd shoot for 69 and hope for 70.
I am seeing some evora s models with a sticker of around $82,xxx as well - i know this one has a lot of options, but i would prefer an S if i could get if for $69-71k

·
Registered
387 Posts
There's a 12 S manual with 3k miles near me black/red. Beautiful car. Pretty sure it can be had in the low 70's. PM me if you want contact info of seller. Steve

·
Registered
795 Posts
As skewed as the market is for Evoras due to the low volume, I seriously doubt you're going to get anyone to sell you a 2013 at a lower price. That car really ought to be fetching mid- to high-70s.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
$71k sounds fair. I wouldn't beat the dealer for $1-$2k on a $70k car. It's a 2013 but it's not like 2014s are plentiful at dealers. Don't k ow if 2014s are coming in due to the air bag issue.

I think your bigger question is what will they give you for your trade?

·
Premium Member
7,507 Posts
Sell your car privately!! For the right price I have proven a quick sale is possible.

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
911 Posts
$71k definitely sounds like a good price on a 2013. Mine had an MSRP of $82,330 which included most of what you described, but mine has the cast aluminum wheels, and just to break my car down a bit more, mine has the tech sport and premium packs. Also, mine is an IPS. For me, the options matched what I wanted perfectly and it came in the exact color combination I was looking for. I paid a little bit more than what you have as an offer from the dealer (I paid around $73k). If everything is what you want, I say go for that price. You most likely won't find that deal again on another new Evora. I wouldn't even try to beat them to anything lower.

However, like everyone else is saying, you may want to sell your car outright rather than trade in. It's just about buying season the way I see it.

Either way, post photos once you have the new Evora!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have been thinking about it more and have decided the SC model is probably the way to go - id rather have more power, than more options!

Can these be had new as 2013 for around $71k with almost no options?

·
Premium Member
7,507 Posts
Good luck finding one. There is a beautiful 2012 S in balck with red interior at Secor asking 74K, I'm sure sub 70 if doable. BTW it only has 12K but is 100% loaded with every CF bit possible. I don't like black but the interior is stunning!!!

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
i wouldn't beat them up on the $ - instead read all these threads and make sure that they properly prep the car - stereo - warped roof liner- ips reflash - subwoofer - satelite radio - etc - cover those and get a car that you take away and when you have to go back to the first service be able to tell them no problems - i would suggest that is "priceless".

they took over a week to prep my car and the thing has been perfect

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I have been thinking about it more and have decided the SC model is probably the way to go - id rather have more power, than more options!

Also if yor are coming from an Elise, stick with a stick in the Evora. It will be closer to what you are familiar with. Just my $0.02.
Ron:shift:

·
Registered
529 Posts
As skewed as the market is for Evoras due to the low volume, I seriously doubt you're going to get anyone to sell you a 2013 at a lower price. That car really ought to be fetching mid- to high-70s.
agree- mid to high 70's is appropriate. This would be a good deal; trade-in valuation will be your difficulty.......

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
911 Posts

These are typically harder to find. I just did a search on Autotrader and the lowest cost S model I could find was priced for $82K, which was much lower than the MSRP. This was fully trimmed out with tech, sport and premium packs and IPS. This was a new 2013. If you look at the used market, you can find a 2012 S for the price you're looking for, but it'll have a few miles on it.

In my search, I found a copy of my car (in terms of options, but its exterior color is black) and they have it marked online for $69,848 (MSRP $82,330). So, I could have saved money, but I haven't found a clone of my car yet (on the new market, there's one used in FL right now with 6K miles on it). Moral of the story, find the one that meets all your needs and buy it if the price is doable. If you go back to the one offered for $71K, I still wouldn't fight for a lower price. That's me though. Either way, good luck on your search!

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Does anyone know if the warranties on the 2013 cars have started? I believe the 2012 already have.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I think you should stick to a price that you are comfortable buying with the included options/colors. It's not like you don't have any other buying opportunities or options to choose. You should sale your Elise privately. I hope you have test drive the Evora/S (and manual/IPS) before making the switch. To me, the driving does feel a lot diff vs. the Elise.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts