The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what size allen bolt is holding the sandwich plate to the block? I've tried an 8mm and a 10mm, the 8 feels to small and the 10mm, will I'm not sure if it's to small or my wrench is too short and simply doesn't reach..any advice would be great.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Well there is a very large allen wrench bolt that goes through the center of the sandwhich plate that holds it to the block. Is that the one your talking about?

I tried to go out to the garage to measure mine since I took it out to get the plate off, but I can't find the bolt. So now I'm thinking I'm going to have to buy another :(

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess Im misunderstanding how to remove the sandwhich plate. I removed the oil filter, and looking up through the tube I see what looks like a 8 to 10mm Allen bolt? Am I way off base here? Ive made multiple rides to the hardware store on a go-kart, yes, a gokart, trying to find the right part to get this sandwhich plate off. Ive researched google and I cant get a definitive answer from anyone on how to remove this bad boy :)

Im trying to get an allen wrench on that little bolt inside the tube. Am I to remove that larger nut on the outside?

I guess my question is, how do I remove this thing? Its the last step I have before the engine comes out.

·
Registered
359 Posts
These pics help show the sandwich plate in exploded form:

Part A is "Part# 90904‑04002" - the oil filter union.
Part B is what screws into the block. You need a 30mm socket to remove this.
Part C is what holds the sandwich plate to the block & the top of part C is what the oil filter screws onto. You need a 26mm socket to remove this.

More here:

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f312/2zz-oil-cooler-sandwich-plate-delete-99319/

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These pics help show the sandwich plate in exploded form:

Part A is "Part# 90904‑04002" - the oil filter union.
Part B is what screws into the block. You need a 30mm socket to remove this.
Part C is what holds the sandwich plate to the block & the top of part C is what the oil filter screws onto. You need a 26mm socket to remove this.

More here:

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f312/2zz-oil-cooler-sandwich-plate-delete-99319/
Thankyou fine sire, but Im more confused. Am I removing the 30mm nut or 26mm nut? Then I clicked on your link and they are talking about an allen bolt thats either an 8mm, 10mm, or 12mm. It doesnt seem like anyone really has a clear and definitive answer :)

·
Registered
359 Posts
If you want to remove the sandwich plate, you need to remove part C with a 26mm socket.

Once the sandwich plate is gone, you are left with part B still screwed into the block.

Part A replaces part B should you wish to never run the sandwich plate ever again.

It is part A needs an allen key to attach it to the block.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Anyone know where I can buy part C sandwich plate bolt in images above?I can't find on lotus garge or any sites. Also what torque should be? Mine broke on lap three stoping my planned two day track weekend :mad: I dropped oil all over track with a 360 spin to follow. Turned engine off so should be no engine damage as engine running smooth and good rpm at turn off after my 360 oil soaked slick tire spin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts