The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to replace my pedals with tilton, what size is the master cylinder piston if anyone knows?

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My Pillbeam setup (for sale) is 16.8mm so I am going to go with that!

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thin I am going to go with a .7" 17.8" MC choices are 15.8 and 17.8 only with tilton.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also because the brake will be .7. I was using .75 with BOE but the motion ratio on the tilton looks like it maxes out at the ~6-1 that the stock setup is so I need to soften the pedal up a bit

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
I thin I am going to go with a .7" 17.8" MC choices are 15.8 and 17.8 only with tilton.
Kevin,

This is going to make the pedal stiffer, not softer. Either choice is going to change the pedal pressure at your foot by 6%. Personally, I would go a little softer encase the new clutch is stiffer. Also, I don't think you are going to notice much difference between 0.7 and 0.75 for the brake master. Are you still running 2 pot front and single pot rear calipers?

Later,
Eldon

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went with stiffer so I would have enough travel for sure, remember I am going sequential so just using the clutch to start so it is whatever.

That is a 15% change in area. And since my pedal foot pressure is probably up above 100 lbs I think I won't mind the small reduction. I just went with slightly smaller since it is likely that the motion ratio will be less on the tilton then it was stock.

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
I went with stiffer so I would have enough travel for sure, remember I am going sequential so just using the clutch to start so it is whatever.

That is a 15% change in area. And since my pedal foot pressure is probably up above 100 lbs I think I won't mind the small reduction. I just went with slightly smaller since it is likely that the motion ratio will be less on the tilton then it was stock.
Unless I'm doing my math wrong, the change from 15.8 to 17.8 is 12.6%. The change from 16.8 to either the 15.8 or the 17.8 is around +/- 6%.

Later,
Eldon

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry I wasnt clear, the Brakes are 15%, the clutch is whatever I can man up for one press pre session ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts