The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Quoted from another site. During a debate about the hyundai genesis. he lost the debate so he turned to trying to bash the lotus.

These are his attempts.

Edited* attempts

Then again I am not the dumbass that paid 65k for a go cart with a celica motor. LOL
65k justified, glad I could make you feel like a man, cause I know drving around in that overpriced Miata sure isn't cutting it
65k cars with Celica motors are reserved only for the gayest of gays.
Basically take a Celica strip it of its entire interior and options. Including the rear seats and a lot of weight. Throw on a supercharger and drive in reverse. You just saved yourself about $60k
I am sure you could hop in your overpriced Celica and drive down to the Dock for the Valentines Gay foam party.
Don't get too excited though, just remember you can only fit 2 f*gs in that micro machine at one time. Including yourself.
Lol i'd be a jealous b**ch too if I had an overpriced 2zz.
only way a 2zz powered car is worth over 60k is if its built and boosted from the factory lol.....
You know, like the C5Zs that diddle your dodus around the track.lol

... You bought a car with as much potential as a f**kin celica, congrats.... To make any real power you're goin to have to spend another 5-7k at least.... Evo costs around 30-35k new or newish, so if you paid over 90k for that lotus than your a really big idiot.... Also Kent's evo will man handle you anyway you'd like it....
Evo IX MR MRSP $39,160

Oh wait you want to compare pricing used?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

Maybe if you are lucky it won't have a negative value by the time its paid off.
Let's play a game. It's called "Are You That dummy?"

A gentleman enters Kerry Mitsubishi in Springdale over the summer, inquiring about the new Evolution X. He happens to be driving a white Lotus. He wants to trade it in for two EVO's, one for himself, and one for his wife, because they simply outperform his overpriced Toyota sh*tbox. So let me ask you this.... ARE YOU THAT DUMMY?
OH MY!!! Owned???

Some new material from the EVO owners and lovers. 2-18-09

Exige, Elise, Exige S, Celica I mean they all look the same to most folks and have the same motors
Fact is, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolutions are in general better cars than yours for a much better price. I'm sorry about that reality man but damn.
Well one thing I do know is

My Evo > Your Lotus
value of that pepsi can you call a sportscar
I'd take a 500 horse power evo over a lotus any day of the week
I sure as hell wouldn't pay 65k for a car powered by an N/A 4 cylinder and hardly any interior whatsoever
Sorry, but for that much money, I would expect a car to trap a little more than 105
totally impractical, small, and well it has a Celica motor. I can't allow myself to roll like that

Just thought you all my might enjoy this. rotfl

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Wasn't it Clarkson who said that EVOs are for women? :shrug:

Anyway I don't hate on anybody's car, unless they own a Honda.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
You know what they say about arguing on the internet... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Wasn't it Clarkson who said that EVOs are for women? :shrug:

Anyway I don't hate on anybody's car, unless they own a Honda.
^^^ HAI!!!!!!! I love NSXs and S2000s.....

....but who cares what dumb EVO owners think? I'd only care about smart/well-off EVO owners who also own more expensive cars in addition to their EVO.

Else it sounds ripe as "sour grapes" or a case of "more is better" foolishness.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

....but who cares what dumb EVO owners think? I'd only care about smart/well-off EVO owners who also own more expensive cars in addition to their EVO.

Else it sounds ripe as "sour grapes" or a case of "more is better" foolishness.
I agree, i just thought it was funny.

What, no link to the thread? This has entertainment potential!

:popcorn:
Figured i would see how this thread went before i linked it. Thats why i made the cliff notes. For a quick laugh. :lol:

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
The Google force is strong with this one. But to correct you the argument kicks off from post #78
Well... you know we Evo owners can't count.
:D

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks...

I forgot how civilized LT is in comparison...

haha tell me about it.

The site is basically filled with a bunch of teeny popper boy street racers.

As you can see from my post count i mostly go there for entertainment value.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
How about - meh- to each his own. There is more than one cool car out there. Whatever floats your boat, even if that's a 4 door grocery getter.
And a douche is a douche. lol

The interior of that Hyundai does NOT look bad!

·
Registered
263 Posts
I bought my car to satisfy my own personal tastes, not the tastes of others :). i never understood the need to bag on other products/vehicles that are not the one you own. Funny thing is that this kind of behavior seems to transend everything from vehicles down to even gaming consoles :p

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Noisycow^ another craiglist avatar>? :D

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Figured i would see how this thread went before i linked it. Thats why i made the cliff notes. For a quick laugh. :lol:
Normally these kind of threads do not go well and end up causing more work for the mods. The deal is, typically it is not an issue of (insert car marquee here) owners.. it is a couple guys that are ignorant or just like stirring the pot or both. And it happens on both sides. They bag on the Elise. A couple guys here bag on the Evo (which is a very cool car for it's purpose).

And then, people feel the need to jump into the scrum and sign up on the other site. Flames ensue. Fun times.

·
Registered
519 Posts

Hmm, I cant afford much more than my Evo and my daily driver right now, so does that make my thoughts worthless since I am not "well off?"

Seriously, the Evo owner in that thread is a moron, but I have seen snobbery from some members on here that makes me laugh. Enjoy your car, dont get hung up on comments from the peanut gallery.

Even if you counter that guy with a good point, your still going to lose. You are just fueling his stupidity fire...

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
I rest my case...

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Noisycow^ another craiglist avatar>? :D
Yes :nanner::nanner: Best source. Can't see 'pulling the trigger' on that though rotflrotfl

Went to that thread and had to read a few posts, and I hate juvenile bickering - that said - some of it was funny. They must have the auto-censor function shut off on that thread.

The Unicorn comment did generate another belly laugh.

I appreciate all nice cars. Brings back memories of the Ford vs Dodge constant bashing when I owned a Lightning. Gets old, but entertaining on some primal level for a short time.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts