The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got car and was going through the fluids and etc. Car has low miles but wanted to put new set in because they are 5 years old and also I belive the stock plugs are platinum correct me if im wrong. what plugs are you running in your S240 ? thanks.. Also I searched first but really didn't come up with much specific to this car...

·
He's on fire!
3,345 Posts
Just got car and was going through the fluids and etc. Car has low miles but wanted to put new set in because they are 5 years old and also I belive the stock plugs are platinum correct me if im wrong. what plugs are you running in your S240 ? thanks.. Also I searched first but really didn't come up with much specific to this car...
Heat Range 7 gap of .8mm is factory I believe, have seen some people running 1.1mm also.

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
We should set up a sticky for spark plug info. Not only plug type but gaps. Supercharged cars run different gaps than NA cars. Also plug type for different supercharger kits. Anybody up for the challenge?

·
Registered
820 Posts
The Lotus "Exige Supercharged" service note supplement lists NGK PFR7G as the stock spark plugs. jds63F is right, the heat range is 7, with 0.8mm (-0.1, +0) gap. FWIW these are platinum tipped. PFR7G-11 would have a 1.1mm gap, but it's better to run the smaller gap with forced induction (no "-11" on the part number).

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The manual that comes with the car is for the elise and has a amended section for the exige S. So the spark plug info I know is for a NA elise.. Cant belive they sell a 75k car and don't make a manual up just for the exige. There is no explanation of the traction control or launch controls either. Gotta love lotus make awesome cars but the paper trail they leave up to us! You cant even look up this car anywhere on autozone or others cause its so rare... I think the NGK Iridium IX with the 7 heat would be right?? again is gap .8 MM or 1.1 MM and does it really matter? The world may never Know!!! lol

·
He's on fire!
3,345 Posts
The manual that comes with the car is for the elise and has a amended section for the exige S. So the spark plug info I know is for a NA elise.. Cant belive they sell a 75k car and don't make a manual up just for the exige. There is no explanation of the traction control or launch controls either. Gotta love lotus make awesome cars but the paper trail they leave up to us! You cant even look up this car anywhere on autozone or others cause its so rare... I think the NGK Iridium IX with the 7 heat would be right?? again is gap .8 MM or 1.1 MM and does it really matter? The world may never Know!!! lol
They don't make a separate manual because aside from a few pieces here and there they are actually the same car. swap body panels, spark plugs and a super charger and voila! Exige. I think the real question is why they are named different to begin with. A Camaro with forced induction and an aero package is still called a Camaro -poke-

·
Registered
820 Posts
Yes, the gap matters, for the S/C variants (including the S240) you want the smaller 0.8-0.7mm gap. And yes, Iridium IX 7 heat range should be fine, that would be NGK BKR7EIX. These are the plugs that MonkeyWrenchRacing sell for this app (might as well support a Lotus aftermarket vendor). The platinum NGK's with the proper gap seem to be unavailable on-line, I wonder what Lotus dealership service centers are installing these days?

·
Registered
820 Posts
BTW, Lotus has published supplements (including the S/C supplement I referenced), you can probably find them with a little searching. Since you have an S240, you should get the "Owner's Handbook 2008 M.Y. Supplement" that includes sections on the alarm system and keys, TPMS, instrument panel tell tales, and traction and launch control. There's also a supplement on the "Super Sports" suspension package (adjustable height and damping Bilstein's). The dealer provided all these to me when I took delivery of my S240.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I just got back from the local pep boys asked for the BKR7EIX plugs directly to save the annoying lotus look up that's not there . because its not a pep boys part # she hits a wall and then asks to look up the car... I was like its not going to be in there...she's like what kind of car I'm like lotus ...who makes lotus ...lol.. Lotus. Lotus Exige is the car . ( if I had a dime for everytime i had that conversation! Lol). Not there in computer big surprise.. I said can't you just look on the shelf in the NGK iridium ix section ...boom she finds them... Lol they are the -11 so I'll have to gap them to .8 mm

·
Registered
480 Posts
I'm running Denso Iridium's on what was an S220, now an S300, no problems here. The engine is running as healthy as ever!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts