The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an '05 Elise with standard wheels. Had a peek underneath and saw a set of Bilsteins up front.

What is the difference between the stock suspension, sport pack and track pack? What do I have?

Cheers

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
I just bought an '05 Elise with standard wheels. Had a peek underneath and saw a set of Bilsteins up front.

What is the difference between the stock suspension, sport pack and track pack? What do I have?

Cheers
If your car is stock you won't be able to tell the difference (visually) with stock suspension and sport pack as both are the same but you will be able to tell when you drive as the sport pack is roughly about 10% stiffer ride. Track Pack wasn't available on '05 models and was introduced in '06 models however; the springs on the track pack are red, there is a a blue knob at the end of the shocks for different settings and IIRC, the front sway bars are yellow.

PS-If you have the standard wheels, chances are you have the stock set-up

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Stage III exhaust? -eek- the vaporware finally makes way? ;)

·
Registered
12,374 Posts

Cheers
Chances are you have the "stock" (base) suspension since you have the standard wheels.

The Sport Pack usually had the lighter wheels with the "split" spokes (some of them came with the European version of the Exige wheels), while the base suspension has the eight spoke wheels.

Both the Base suspension and the Sport Pack used Bilsteins, but slightly different one (Sport Pack was about 10% stiffer). There are grooves in the shocks (both kinds) that allows the right height to be raised or lowered a bit. If I remember correctly the Base shocks have three grooves and the Sport Pack has two - but it's kind of a moot point, as you have to remove the springs to remove the spring perches to see the grooves under the perches.

There was no Track Pack option available for the '05s.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
Tim forgot to mention that you don't have touring wheels either !!...:eek:

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stage III exhaust? -eek- the vaporware finally makes way? ;)
That's what the guy who sold it to me said (Alex at Adrenaline Motorsports Adrenaline Motor Sports). Definitely not stock, that's for sure. He said it's good for about 9bhp. The drone can be a bit wearisome, but the pop on throttle lift and between gears is pretty cool.

Day 4 of ownership: I wish these riceboys would just leave me alone.-poke-

·
Registered
426 Posts
The sport pack springs had "Zolder" printed on the spring. This was the project name of the Exige and the sport pack suspension was developed for the Exige. Unfortunately the printing may have worn off the springs.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Does anyone actually have a dyno of an n/a elise before and after a stage II install? Do these exhausts reduce back pressure at all or are they just annoyingly loud?

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Does anyone actually have a dyno of an n/a elise before and after a stage II install? Do these exhausts reduce back pressure at all or are they just annoyingly loud?
Even Lotus never claimed that the Statge II adds any power. They are just louder and lighter.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts