The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this along side/behind the driver's seat after autoXing last Sunday. It's rubbery and flexible, and doesn't seem to have a home in my car. It doesn't go around the speaker. Heck, I'm clueless. Anyone know??

Attachments

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Surferjer- do you find that those panoramic mirrors help with the blind spot and are they easy to get used to? Do you have them on both sides? TIA

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
_JD_ said:
Surferjer- do you find that those panoramic mirrors help with the blind spot and are they easy to get used to? Do you have them on both sides? TIA
Ditto... I was thinking the very same thing

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Does it vibrate?:eek:

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I don't know what it is, but I hope you washed your hands after touching it.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
What does it say on it? Any Lotus logo or part number?

Maybe it is the thing that they use for the sprngs when they compress them for shipping or you are the lucky winner of the first piece of garbage that inadvertantly was lying around the Lotus factory and wound up in a US car-Maybe they will leave some a case of Guiness in my truck

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
_JD_ said:
I have one on the passenger's side of my MR2 - hate it. It was there when I bought it. I've left it there to see if I can get used to it - nope. I might like it if it were closer (on the driver's side) - maybe my eyes just aren't good enough - it takes a while to focus on the itty bitty cars way over there in the small mirror. It is, however, helpful for backing up & parking.

As for the piece: Maybe a bit from around the speaker?

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
It's the lower lip from someone's helmet. It goes on the bottom of the helmet to hide the raw edges. Mine fell off a long time ago and I have nothing there. You can mail it to me. ;)

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll check my hlemet, otherwise it came off a passengers. Perhaps a loaner. That's probably it.

As for the mirror thing, I was wondering if anyone would ask. I just put it on yesterday. I will let you know tomorrow on this thread. So far it's not too impressive, but I need to purposely put someone in my blind spot and check. We got big 'ole blind spots, huh???:huh:

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Doesn't anyone know a boomerang when they see one? Undoubtedly it was supposed to go into one of the cars heading to Australia. You throw it, then
accelerate as fast as you can to see how
far you've gone before it comes back to you. I'm not sure what the record is in
km's but I'm sure Randy has it filed away
somewhere in his manifesto. Incidently,
the unibomber's manifesto was a post-card compared to the one Randy
has compiled.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
My mechanic found the same thing loose under my car. My mechanic said not to worry about it and I do everything my mechanic tells me to do :D

Attachments

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
cerven, thats the second time you've posted that pic. lol

Your mechanic looks like she'd know alot about plastic in foreign places.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Hey Jer...I think it was from a helmet. Some of the "loaners" were pretty tattered and stuff was hanging from them. Or it it's from your helmet you can glue it back on using 3M automotive trim adhesive.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Checked my helmet-a new one-and it's not missing anything. Guess I'll bring it to the next autoX and offer it up to the powers that handle the loaners.

Still not sure on the mirror thingy. Will either like or remove it tomorrow.:confused:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts