The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been chasing down an issue where the front end of my Exige has felt dangerously light at highway speeds when the steering wheel is centered. In looking around with the wheels off I found this (front right suspension for reference):

I had an Elise years ago and do not remember seeing that. It's a metal coil that goes under the suspension arm, through that section of the front end, and disappears into a hole in the chassis. I would have bet money it was a previous owner special, possibly something left behind after doing some work, but it turns out my buddy's Exige has the same thing.

Anyone have an idea what it could be?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2005 Lotus Elise; 2007 Lotus Exige S; 2012 Porsche 991S
1,417 Posts
Pretty sure is is a drain of some sort. Either from AC condensation or rain water I believe.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha, shortest lived mystery ever. Thanks guys.

·
Saffron Yellow is Lighter
1,272 Posts
Be sure to also drill the 4 drain holes in the bottom per the factory spec. That tube only allows some of the water to drain.

·
Saffron Yellow is Lighter
1,272 Posts
The last guy that asked this question pulled it out first, and then asked, lol. No easy way to get it back in there without pulling the heater box.

·
Premium Member
2005 Lotus Elise; 2007 Lotus Exige S; 2012 Porsche 991S
1,417 Posts
The last guy that asked this question pulled it out first, and then asked, lol. No easy way to get it back in there without pulling the heater box.
And that is a pain of a job!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts