The Lotus Cars Community banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Agree with most - haven't been here in a long time and am disappointed with the new page layout.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Although it has been a few months, I have failed to warm up to the new version. In change management field for Information Systems, you typically include the user base in communications for functional requirements gathering prior to roll out if only because that has proven to improve user adoption. At the least you communicate the changes that are coming in advance so they are prepared. I just basically woke up to a new site to try to figure out how to navigate. Were there any communications about this refresh coming ? I don't think there were the last time, and I don't recall any this time either. My guess what we won't see are the metrics that shows how many more or less users are using the new platform, plus all the other associated metrics that are certain to be gathered by administrators. So since we are not seeing any changes in the new version post roll out I am left to assume the new "owners" are satisfied with adoption and/or usage rate. or they simply don't care because the bulk of the past content (database) holds the value they were seeking, and not new users/ content? oh well. it is what it is, for certain poor communications possibly with better design. I realize you get what you pay for... I wonder if the owners who bought the original site from Randy Chase recouped their investment? Not that my feedback is all that figural, but I am here much less often than before and definitely do not spend as much time here when I visit vs prior. I know the community is still alive and well, I just feel more disconnected from it than before. I attribute that to the new site, but there could be other variables I haven't considered. Given the new chapter of Lotus is just starting, I suppose I need to spend more time learning the present platform and just let go of the past. I just can't help but to feel somewhat disappointed, that I have to invest more of my increasingly limited time to do so.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Like the new design but some pages are very slow to load !
Oh man. I just had to say this... So, I finally upgraded my 13yr old Quad Core 2GHz, 2GB mem computer. I always assumed it was due to it being ancient that this site was slow. Now I have an i9 8-core, 3.6GHz boost to 5GHz, SSD, 32GB RAM, Nvida 2080. -- I mean this thing boots up before I can move from pressing the power button and get back to my keyboard -- Running on fiber 1G Internet access (hardwired). I now clearly see the frequent super slow loading is this site, not my connection or computer. What gives with the SUPER slow 60+sec thread loading?

·
Wingless Wonder
5,533 Posts
I need to spend more time learning the present platform
A good place to start: click on the 3-dot Menu, upper right corner.

WARNING: Reading the Directions may result in you being drummed out of the Man Club. :LOL: :LOL:

·
* Acme Super Moderator * ** The Enforcer **
6,901 Posts
Oh man. I just had to say this... So, I finally upgraded my 13yr old Quad Core 2GHz, 2GB mem computer. I always assumed it was due to it being ancient that this site was slow. Now I have an i9 8-core, 3.6GHz boost to 5GHz, SSD, 32GB RAM, Nvida 2080. -- I mean this thing boots up before I can move from pressing the power button and get back to my keyboard -- Running on fiber 1G Internet access (hardwired). I now clearly see the frequent super slow loading is this site, not my connection or computer. What gives with the SUPER slow 60+sec thread loading?
I've never had any thread take anywhere near that long to load.

San

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
San - I don't know if you can gather diag for this but, not this login session, but the last one (the one I posted that feedback that you replied to) it was less than a minute from me logging in, to pressing "new bubble". The first thread I tried to read via new tab clocked. About 20sec I opened another thread (via a new tab) and it was clocking too. So, as they were both clocking I opened another tab and instantly loaded google, then did a speed test (was full speed), and loaded another tab with TOF with no delays. Then I closed all the tabs except for the spinning LT threads and the first LT tab soon finally loaded followed by the second tab. FYI I am using latest Firefox.

·
* Acme Super Moderator * ** The Enforcer **
6,901 Posts
San - I don't know if you can gather diag for this but, not this login session, but the last one (the one I posted that feedback that you replied to) it was less than a minute from me logging in, to pressing "new bubble". The first thread I tried to read via new tab clocked. About 20sec I opened another thread (via a new tab) and it was clocking too. So, as they were both clocking I opened another tab and instantly loaded google, then did a speed test (was full speed), and loaded another tab with TOF with no delays. Then I closed all the tabs except for the spinning LT threads and the first LT tab soon finally loaded followed by the second tab. FYI I am using latest Firefox.
I don't have the capability to troubleshoot any sessions here. The moderators used to have some administrative functionality here, but we don't even have basic tools now. Supposedly they're coming, but I'll believe it when I see it. That said, your response times are not characteristic of what I see.

The main page for me takes 2 seconds to load. Clicking on the New balloon I see new threads in slightly less than 3 seconds. Clicking on a thread takes me 1 second to load.

San

·
Registered
7,005 Posts
Once the site gets going it’s usable enough. Initially slow, but just like McLaren Life which went to this same system/format or whatever it’s called.

Sure it has been a frustrating new hobby to get back to something like where we were, but the moderators have been very good to try and help us through the more complex new paths. Nonetheless I’m still trying to figure out some of the old functions. But heck, that’s just a part of daily life nowadays. All those site developers have to do something.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts