The Lotus Cars Community banner

101 - 120 of 160 Posts

·
Illegal Alien
5,140 Posts
I ve tried to give this new format the benefit of the doubt, and while i have figured out most of the past functions I find that I don't get on here often enough to even remember the steps. Why do I now only get on but maybe once a week rather than a few times a day, because nobody else is getting on, no new content. As someone else stated "I just feel more disconnected from it than before." Further more is a tread to do everything in FB groups, folks will find that an issue on access to reference material. You thing these search features on this (old) forum were bad (I actually got very proficient at using), the new and improved is less powerful, but still better than FB.

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
I don't care that you have updated
I will never allow push notifications

Are software writers so stupid that they do not realize that we have had pop up blockers for 18 years for a reason?

Oh, and the delays are back. 10 seconds maybe more sometimes

·
Administrator
2010 Exige S260
2,214 Posts
We do keep an eye for spammers, as we mods- don't even have the same tools as before. Now we have to manually review every single new member that joins, if someone is a spammer, we ban on the spot.

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
I don't care that you have updated
I will never allow push notifications

Are software writers so stupid that they do not realize that we have had pop up blockers for 18 years for a reason?

Oh, and the delays are back. 10 seconds maybe more sometimes
Pop ups ought to be illegal. What an aggravation.

Once a week get a useless notification. McLaren Life parallels this.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I use the "New" feature every day or so and get a list of messages. Often, if I hover the cursor (even accidentally) the text of the 1st message in the thread appears (pops up). This may be useful for some people, but it is really annoying for me, because it obscures quite a few messages. I have to pull the cursor over to one side and wait a while until the thing disappears. Is this feature optional? Is there any way to turn it off? Thanks!

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have to agree on using this forum less since this update. If I want to sift through a terrible layout, I'll use facebook.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
I agree with coming here less after the change as well. This used to be the first place I'd go every morning, and was on here several times a day. Now it's maybe once a week.

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
Yep. And McLaren life went to this format or whatever it is. Same thing. Delayed resposes, those stupid popups, harder to use, less interesting traffic.

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
Yep. And McLaren life went to this format or whatever it is. Same thing. Delayed resposes, those stupid popups, harder to use, less interesting traffic.

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
Idiotic popups again today. Have I missed a way to be protected from the nonsense?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I don't mind the release note "pop ups" (they are not popups by the traditional definition lol). But I agree it should be something you can turn off.

·
Registered
2008 Lotus Exige-S 240
1,395 Posts
Oh man. I just had to say this... So, I finally upgraded my 13yr old Quad Core 2GHz, 2GB mem computer. I always assumed it was due to it being ancient that this site was slow. Now I have an i9 8-core, 3.6GHz boost to 5GHz, SSD, 32GB RAM, Nvida 2080. -- I mean this thing boots up before I can move from pressing the power button and get back to my keyboard -- Running on fiber 1G Internet access (hardwired). I now clearly see the frequent super slow loading is this site, not my connection or computer. What gives with the SUPER slow 60+sec thread loading?
So today...
Several - oops! we ran into problems
Several - unexpected data base errors
Several error 504 gateway timeouts, one example Ray ID: 5742505c8dbaec82
often 10+ seconds response time problems when there are no errors
7:45-8:07CT time frame

I am now going to try again to search for an old post of mine... after that I give up... frustrating and I used to come here to relax.

Edit Update: Well after a few more Oops! errors and another 504 trying to do a search, about 4-5mins later I found my old post.

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
Used to be easy, intuitive to find my old posts and threads I started. Now it’s a game.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I get this error a lot. Saying that there was an error and it can’t post. But actually it does post

If you submit again it posts again (but gives you an error again).

I’m guessing others get this because there have been lots of multiple posts recently.

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
So the new forum sucks for all the reasons discussed above and traffic is down by a lot. What can be done about it? Is the owner aware of the problems? Does the owner care?

101 - 120 of 160 Posts