The Lotus Cars Community banner

121 - 140 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
I’m expect that somewhere along the way money made the decisions. Or maybe they were innocent and well intentioned but bamboozled by false promises.

Moronic popups again today. Did I miss the solution to stop it?

They are humerous in a way though. Telling us of the improvements when they are part of the problem.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
I’m expect that somewhere along the way money made the decisions. Or maybe they were innocent and well intentioned but bamboozled by false promises.

Moronic popups again today. Did I miss the solution to stop it?

They are humerous in a way though. Telling us of the improvements when they are part of the problem.
If there is a solution, I haven't been apprised of it.

San

·
Registered
519 Posts
So the new forum sucks for all the reasons discussed above and traffic is down by a lot. What can be done about it? Is the owner aware of the problems? Does the owner care?
Could start a new one. LotusChat.com LotusSmallTalk.com LotusSocialDistancing.com
Make it how the forum members like. Steal/archive all the good content from here and start new.

Definitely not offering

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
British Speed came about many years back after some disagreements.

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
Somehow this second rate new format changed all the emoji in my signature to ?

Or maybe it doubts I have these rides?

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
I also noticed that you can no longer search for all prior posts made by a member by clicking on their user name. It will only provide the last 25 pages worth. If I remember right, on the old forum you could go back to the beginning from when they joined.

For example, XHILR8N!, I clicked on your user name to go to your old posts (as a test). It shows the last 25 pages of your posts. But, although you joined December 12, 2006, it only shows your posts from Oct 6, 2018. None from before Oct 6, 2018.

·
Registered
2010 Lotus Exige S260 Sport
210 Posts
I also noticed that you can no longer search for all prior posts made by a member by clicking on their user name. It will only provide the last 25 pages worth. If I remember right, on the old forum you could go back to the beginning from when they joined.

For example, XHILR8N!, I clicked on your user name to go to your old posts (as a test). It shows the last 25 pages of your posts. But, although you joined December 12, 2006, it only shows your posts from Oct 6, 2018. None from before Oct 6, 2018.
I second your complaint on this. I couldn’t target search a specific user’s previous post more than 25 pages. This is counter productive, the only reason that outdated forum structure is superior to Facebook is its ability to archive and let us search historically without limits. There are many valuable information that some members made and handicapping us from access to those posts are disservice to the forum members in the name of progress. I can deal with many issues, but please give us the ability to search for prior posts.

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,945 Posts
FWIW, I got posts back to 2008 when I did an ADVANCED SEARCH on XHILR8N! .

KEYWORD left blank, POSTED BY his username.

It was still limited to 25 pages, though.

The ability to search back in time is definitely an advantage that Forums have over a FB page.

EDIT: More exploring: I got 38 pages of topics when I clicked FOLLOWING on my avatar on the upper-right.

this limitation seems to apply in ALL the AutoGuide forums now.

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
286 Posts
I do not prefer this layout. However it seems like a lot of my sites went to this within the past year. I was a member at www.nintendoage.com for about 8 or so years and they said they HAD to change format due to the ever evolving internet changing. What happened after it changed? It lost 99.9% of its members and they moved to a different site that was setup almost identical to this one. Also I have come across a few threads, some very recently where people (premium members) are coming off as kinda pricks. I always go by the adage that if you dont have anything to add, dont add it. If its helpful or will help with the discussion then go ahead and post it, but if its going to just incite a reaction comment or try to be dominant over someone, just skip it and dont post it. Yeah we can endlessly search for threads that were made 10 years ago, but that information may not be relevant or there may be an easier way to fix the issue. This is not a personal attack on anyone, and has not happened to me, its just I have seen this in about 5-6 threads and it stops people from asking questions because these pricks want to try to be superior and make the other users feel stupid.

·
Registered
7,185 Posts

Life used to be so simple. Nothing to it to find old posts and threads.
However yesterday I was able to resurrect an old thread I’d started about our various helmet designs. That’s when I noticed the emoji had been altered in the signature.

·
Premium Member
2005 Elise LSS Saffron Yellow
811 Posts
Another thing: We seem to have lost PM chat image attachments from earlier this year, which is kind of annoying - If I'd known they were going to go poof I would have downloaded them.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
Hey guys, if you are looking for an answer to your concerns/complaints, you'll need to mention the administrators here. The moderators don't manage the site, and don't have the ability to address these types of things. @Administrator

San

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,945 Posts
We seem to have lost PM chat image attachments
PMs are now called Conversations, and there is the same type of image/file attachment capability as on a regular post. Look for the INSERT IMAGE link between the Smilie and the B on the bottom of any message you type.⭐

You can also click Ctrl+P if you are on a computer.

·
Registered
519 Posts
PMs are now called Conversations, and there is the same type of image/file attachment capability as on a regular post. Look for the INSERT IMAGE link between the Smilie and the B on the bottom of any message you type.⭐

You can also click Ctrl+P if you are on a computer.
It doesnt work though. Thought it might just be me but looks like others have it.

I just get this. First it pops up and looks good.

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,945 Posts
You are correct, sorry. (Sent you a Conversation with an image) Tried both inserting and then simple cut-n-paste. @Administrator

·
Premium Member
2005 Elise LSS Saffron Yellow
811 Posts
Now we'll see if @Administrator has any idea where the 'conversations' (dumb name for private messaging on a forum, which is entirely about conversations after all) imbedded images have gone.

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
Must be designed by a millenial based on all the new language. Just say points and condenser to one and see the blank stare.......

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,945 Posts
Just say points and condenser to one and see the blank stare.......
The difficult thing these days, is finding a matchbook cover to set the points gap properly! 🥴 :p

121 - 140 of 160 Posts