The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

What the hell happened to the forum?!

16K views 159 replies 59 participants last post by  Doge 
#1 ·
I haven't logged in since July 4th week. What the hell is this?!

This new site is terrible. There's no separation of the posts and to find the post date is difficult. I keep mixing it with the join date.

Why was it changed? THE BEST SITE WAS THE ORIGINAL SITE. Even the previous one had the option of using the CLASSIC SITE which I did.

Look at bimmerpost and rolexforums...that how it should be.

Now I see when you select NEW POSTS, the old version would show all the posts I missed...last time was 17 pages...this time would be more. It only goes to 10 pages. Now I have to go dig each individual sub forum and go back to the last date I logged in....WHICH I DON'T SEE EITHER.

Please go back to the original forum.

Thanks

#2 ·

This new site is terrible. There's no separation of the posts and to find the post date is difficult. I keep mixing it with the join date.

Why was it changed? THE BEST SITE WAS THE ORIGINAL SITE. Even the previous one had the option of using the CLASSIC SITE which I did.

Now I see when you select NEW POSTS, the old version would show all the posts I missed...last time was 17 pages...this time would be more. It only goes to 10 pages. Now I have to go dig each individual sub forum and go back to the last date I logged in....WHICH I DON'T SEE EITHER.

Thanks
I agree ... the new site is terrible!!!!!!

#3 ·
Reminds me of a mobile version of a forum. I hate mobile websites. We need the desktop version of this new design. Which would be the CLASSIC forum.

#6 ·

just the threads I started about the old site being a POS

#7 · (Edited)
The last version was not slow for me except at work. At home or phone it was fine. The first ever version, the classic site, was the best.

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE...

PM is now called Conversations and it's a pain to get to. Where are my old PMs? EDIT: Found them, not in an obvious place.

AND..

The time stamp of posts...1 day ago...2 months ago... Why not have the date and time like its always been. Ohh I put the mouse cursor over it AND THEN it shows it..Why not just show it from the beginning???

This is crazy...

#8 ·
I would like to "Like" everything that @shay2nak has said but there's no explanation bubble that pops up for the thumb's-up button when I hover over it so...just click it and see what happens? The classic site was like the club house you could go to and talk to people that shared your passion for all things Lotus. This new site has none of the warmth or intuitive flow of what we had. I logged in for the first time last weekend to share my pictures from the British car show here in FL. The first upload attempt was met with a pop-up "You must have cookies enabled to access this site". Never needed to allow tracking cookies before to do anything in here. I have a pop-up blocker to stop the annoying commercials I have read about from others. In short, I lack the motivation to even learn this new format as I see the posting frequency has gone way down. Oh well, all good things...

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
Your post is rude and attacking. I'd suggest you change your tone and attitude.
I used to be able to drink all night and go to work the next morning. I used to not care (or know) how much socks cost. I used to not concern myself with the activities of the youths accross the street. I used to not think the slightest sudden pain in my body could "how I go".

Things change. We adapt. It feels like old hat given a little time.

#10 ·
Things do change and we will adapt but the fun was sucked right out of it. Agree that the warmth is gone. Finding myself less interested and not checking in as often
100% guaranteed we will not get the old format back so we either live with this or move on
I’ve had zero orders for aftermarket parts since the change
Thanks

#11 ·
I am disappointed that a lot of features have been discarded or buried. Individual profiles are shadows of their prior format which makes it harder to learn about our fellow forumites. Despite the notion that we'll get used to it (I'm sure we will) the new format is harder to look at, less attractive in general and harder to navigate. It just is.

#12 ·
1. If nothing here changes, some will get accustomed to it
2. If this site was 'so much better' then this thread....and others critical like it here....would not exist
3. It might take years but eventually, no matter what the site is like, someone will change it.
4. We can only hope.......

#14 ·
I am surprised by how down played the performance problems were with the old forums, it was borderline unuseable with pages loading very slowly most of the time and a search function that admittedly didn't work.
Yes, this new format isn't the greatest, but I will take a forum that loads and doesn't navigate as well over a site that gives me nothing to navigate.

#15 ·

Thanks

Change and improvements are usually a good thing, but it's hard to see the advantages of the updated site compared with the old one.

#16 ·
Fine...all you mods lovers tell me why we have gone backwards and don't even know when a post was made??? Why do I suspect search still sucks which was always the #1 complaint? Yes it is faster when it doesn't eat your post as it already did on a mobile unit last week. Was a lot easier to see likes, letters etc without having to go a layer deeper. Newer is not necessarily better. I deal with this same shitty format on 3 forums now. Its not all bad but....software programmers rarely operate in the real world.

Reactions: KCZ and me73
#18 ·
#21 ·
Good point. We aren't exactly 100K strong

#22 ·
Looks like “continued improvement “ is a curse of the times we live in. Every site out there is in danger of suddenly being fixed.

Sure would be great to have option to stay with a format that was a great part of our lives for over a decade. Classic view

Classic Shell the savior of Windows 8 and 10

#24 ·
Human Resources must've gotten to it......They can make ANYTHING more complicated just to justify their jobs.

#27 ·
I too find myself checking in a lot less than before. The old forum graphical interface had a simple interface. This is the first time I have logged in for 2 weeks and my eyes are already hurting 10 minutes later.

Reactions: 743402R
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.