The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a full-page newspaper ad showing the new Motley Crue tour. At the bottom amongst other sponsors like Best Buy, Live Nation and Rock Band is our very own Lotus logo.

If you Google 'Motley Crue Lotus' there are a few results but I can't find the same ad with the Lotus logo on it. Here's a picture.

Apparently you can win an '08 Elise by playing the video game at the shows. This is probably more stupid than the Holy Sh*t poster campaign; Motley Crue is one of the trashiest bands in a while (there are probably a few fans on here, but I'm seriously not a fan at all).

:p

·
Registered
140 Posts
yea...i agree bad representation of the Lotus logo
that can compare to Tiger Woods sponsoring Buick

·
Registered
115 Posts
Actually, I think Lotus has some sort of long-term sponsorship deal with Papa Roach. ;)

·
Registered
140 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I don't see a big deal with it. If it gets more people interested in the brand and more cars are sold, then its a good thing. How is Lotus associated with the sponsorship? Did they sponsor the facility (take the Staples Center as an example) and that's how they ended up on the advertisement, or is it an associate deal with JVC and they were added because of it? In either case I don't see it as a big deal.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'll bet this has something to do with a reciprocal agreement of some sort. Maybe somebody's kid at lotus sold a bunch of girl scout cookies to the band and now the band has asked for advertising assistance in return. Unless you know how much was spent it really is hard to tell if this was simply a generous offer or a stupid decision.

·
Registered
122 Posts
If you look at the demographics of the attendees at a Motley Crue concert, I seriously doubt that said sponsorship will result in one sale. There must be a story behind this.:shrug:

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
If you look at the demographics of the attendees at a Motley Crue concert, I seriously doubt that said sponsorship will result in one sale. There must be a story behind this.:shrug:
the story is that LCUSA has a track record of putting forth brilliant marketing/promotional efforts resulting in the brand growing beyond anyone's expectations. banner ads on seventh-rate search engines, bumbling and stumbling with the "free" track program, offensive posters, etc. a case of making the least out a little.

high brow FTW!

·
Registered
122 Posts
the story is that LCUSA has a track record of putting forth brilliant marketing/promotional efforts resulting in the brand growing beyond anyone's expectations. banner ads on seventh-rate search engines, bumbling and stumbling with the "free" track program, offensive posters, etc. a case of making the least out a little.

high brow FTW!
Thanks for the enlightenment Ace. I knew that there had to be a logical explanation for this. (Including putting the ad in the Toronto Sun-a really class act tabloid!)

1 - 20 of 76 Posts