The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,I have an S4 with V8 Saturns on it and am having a tough time finding decent matching tires.So far I have come up with Sumitomo HTR Z 2 ,Nitto NT05 or Falken Azenis FK453.Anybody have any xperience with these or have any other suggestions?I was thinking of changing sizes to broaden my choices.
Thanks

·
Banned
938 Posts
Hey there,I have an S4 with V8 Saturns on it and am having a tough time finding decent matching tires.So far I have come up with Sumitomo HTR Z 2 ,Nitto NT05 or Falken Azenis FK453.Anybody have any xperience with these or have any other suggestions?I was thinking of changing sizes to broaden my choices.
Thanks
Hello.
I assume your wheels are 17"?
Yes?
You cannot find matched tires for 17" wheels?
Mike.

·
Banned
938 Posts
Hey Mike,
The fronts are 235/40/17 and the rears are 285/35/18.
Hey Hi.
That was a question.
You are really having problems finding the same brand but different diameters?
I would have never guessed.
Cant contribute to your Thread but I can learn.

Happy Easter.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes not many guys make a matching tire in these two sizes.I also found a Continental Sportcontact 3 but the rears are XL and the fronts are not.Im not sure how that will affect the feel of the car though.

Happy Easter to you as well.
Cheers,
Elie

·
Banned
938 Posts
Yes not many guys make a matching tire in these two sizes.I also found a Continental Sportcontact 3 but the rears are XL and the fronts are not.Im not sure how that will affect the feel of the car though.

Happy Easter to you as well.
Cheers,
Elie
I never would have thought.
Best.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Thanks
Yup, I though I had this brilliant idea to buy aftermarket wheels that were really close to the stock V8 size then went looking for tires and realized they were hard to find..doh!

I have BFG's on there right now, Nitto NT05 is the next set. I did a lot of looking around and you pretty much nailed the matching sets that are available.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Originally my car came to me with Pirelli P zeros and they were terrible (though it might just be due to their age and being brittle).

I don't know if you can still get them or not, but I run Michelin PS2 tires and they have been great. Very grippy. Tirerack.com had the best deal on them and I would recommend checking them out.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm running Falkens 452's in a matched set. 235x35x17 fronts and 285x40x18 rear.

After doing hours of reading and days of research,the 452's scored on many forums as the best dry handling tire around . It isnt a lot of fun in the wet but when it's dry( I live in southern Cal) WOW.

Are they quiet and smooth running compared to the Goodyear F1's I had on before ?
Nope,not even close. :)

Alan

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
My car came with the sumis and I changed to PS2
They were a very substantial improvement; although two points... The HTR's were very old and probably hardened which caused their rumbling sound and lack of grip and the Mich's are no longer easily available.

I've heard good things about the nittos which is where I might go, if possible, when it's time to retire the PS2, or perhaps the Falken

1 - 14 of 14 Posts