The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I will be in Newport/Laguna Nigel area and will have some time for fun.

Any car events, cruise ins, dealers, etc I should visit? We'll be in downtown area.

The dates are April 16-20.

Thanks.

Jeff

·
Registered
107 Posts
Cars & Coffee is a must see car show every Saturday morning from about 7:00am till 9:00ish.

Cars & Coffee Irvine - Southern California Car Forum - SoCalCarForum

The Long Beach GP is that weekend. About 1/2 hrs drive north of Newport Beach.

Balboa ferry in Newport is always fun.

I'm sure others will add to the list of things to do. This is just a starting point.

John

·
Registered
229 Posts
Newport Beach

1. Go to beach.
2. Look at girls.
3. Surf.
4. Repeat.

The girls at the beach have their own stimulus package: their bikinis save on swim suit material.

·
Registered
391 Posts
1. Go to beach.
2. Look at girls.
3. Surf.
4. Repeat.

The girls at the beach have their own stimulus package: their bikinis save on swim suit material.
Ahhh, boys will be boys.

SoCal is an amazing place. I love it here and am sad to have to leave, but I do plan on returning in a few months. You'll enjoy yourself even if you just drive around and veg on a beach.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
1. Go to beach.
2. Look at girls.
3. Surf.
4. Repeat.

What he said, but add LB GP and Cars and Coffee.

On the boardwalk at the beach (near the pier), there's some fun, longtime hangouts, like Charlie's Chili, Blackies (hole in the wall, seedy beer bar) and Mutt Lynch's (more or less the same, but serving food).

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Must do at least once: The Beachcomber at Crystal Cove. Fabulous food (breakfast, lunch and dinner), right on the sand. Walk on miles of open, uncrowded beach.
The Beachcomber® at Crystal Cove - thebeachcombercafe.com

Another CA experience (not quite like the Beachcomber), but if you take someone else's advice and take the Balboa Island Ferry to the Peninsula, lunch at Ruby's on the end of the Balboa Pier is a nice experience (eat on the upper deck).

Rent a Duffy electric boat and tour Newport Harbor. Boat rentals are available at the Peninsula end of the Balboa Island Ferry run (near the Pavilion). Other types of boats are also available there.

Not in Newport Beach, but very close by in Tustin, is the Marconi Automotive Museum. Lots of very rare exotic and race cars there. Not open on weekends.
Marconi Museum - Hours & Directions

1 - 7 of 7 Posts