The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You know how they say there is a first time for everything?
Last night, I was bored and decided to go for a drive in the elise. I'm at a stoplight downtown and pull up to an grand prix (which seemed to be going to the bar). Cute girl (passenger. I was too low to see who was driving) in the other car waves and winds down they says:
girl:your car is hot
me: thanks
girl: You're hot Wink Wink (actually used the words Wink Wink)
me: (while laughing) Wink Wink
The second the light turns green, I haul ass outta there.

Now, I'm assuming I did not handle that properly. How would you handle that?

I wonder if that is how stupid we sound when hitting on girls

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Single Male = On like donkey kong; how you handle the rest of the night is all on you.

non-single male (which includes seriously dating) = Just smile and wave boys. You do NOT have the luxury of not being spotted while you are with your GF/Wife at a bad time if you drive a Lotus. Not worth the risk. The argument "she must be confusing me for another Lotus driver" will not get you out of hot water. The car's uniqueness works against you in this circumstance.

·
Premium Member
5,193 Posts
I handle it by saying thanks and if I was single I would have enjoyed taking her out. Then leave.

If you think she's cute ask her to follow you and pull over and chat her up.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
21, and i was driving, light was turning green

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
"Want a ride?"

to perhaps be followed someday by:

"I'm going to for a track weekend out of town. Wanna come along on an adventure?"

Rest is up to the op. Results may vary.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
Youth is wasted on the young.

San

·
He's on fire!
3,255 Posts
You're an engineer, RTFM! :p

·
Banned
147 Posts
Ok, if you don't have a gf I would say to say thanks and tell here which eating establishment you are diving to. Only if she is hot. Now the problem with girls that like you for your car are obvious.

I would have reacted the same way as you did. TBH. I don't trust girls. Unless I am sure they aren't after anything I got.

·
Back to the Future, again
6,183 Posts
Who cares if she likes you for your car. A girl always wants something. Nobody likes you for your intellect and personality, sorry. All romance and crock aside, if you are some broke ass jerk that can't rub two pennies together and even afford instant noodles, we'll see how many girls beat a path to your cardboard tent on skid row.

Bottom line, who cares why she was attracted to you in the first place, the key is the attraction is there.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Who cares if she likes you for your car. A girl always wants something. Nobody likes you for your intellect and personality, sorry. All romance and crock aside, if you are some broke ass jerk that can't rub two pennies together and even afford instant noodles, we'll see how many girls beat a path to your cardboard tent on skid row.

Bottom line, who cares why she was attracted to you in the first place, the key is the attraction is there.

rotfl +1, so freaking true...

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
I would have motioned come here with my index finger (you could wink too) while saying, “Hop in, I’ll take you where you need to go in style.” If she’s got the gumption to tell you you’ve got a nice car, she’s coming in. If she hesitates, say “Come on! The light’s going to turn green. I won’t bite…(just the right pause is essential)…much! We’ll make a grand entrance.” Now you’ve got the perfect opportunity to chat her up and find out a bit about her… If the conversation does not go to your liking, you drop her off at her destination. No harm, no foul. This time open the door for her. If the conversation goes well, I better not have to tell you what to do next… :)

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
i would have been

"give me your #, wink wink." lol

or

"i have an empty seat. wink wink" :evil:

·
Registered
502 Posts
I had this happen once, sad to say but I was driving my dads Maserati that night, but three of us in the car, three hot women standing on side walk waiting for a taxi and they look over while I am at the light and say hot car, rev it up or something dumb and I ask where they are heading to and tell them to hop in! We drove to the club with one in front with me and the other two guys and girls packed in the back. Talked for a bit at the club and I won't tell you what happened next cause it was nothing, we both had no chemistry and dint get along lol.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Had a similar experience a while back. At a light, an SUV with a group of guys and one girl pull up. The girl was hot and mentions she likes my car. Then she asks "can I have it?" I replied and said "Is this anybody's girlfriend" All the dudes said no so I proceeded to say "nice. Can I have you?" Nothing happened after that, they all just started laughing and we had to drive off. It was during a big surf weekend here in Socal so people were everywhere.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts