The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the weekend I was going to drive my Lotus. I planned on it. I was going to drive where ever the roads lead to. Drive in the warm sunshine, drive under the soft moonlight. Best roads. Best handling car on the planet. I'm ready.

Then comes the rain. Thunderstorms. Flash floods. Road closures. I guess my Elise is stuck in the garage for a few days. You know the feeling.

So....what can you do while your Lotus is stationary? Here's a few things to do:

1. Wash and wax.
2. Detail the interior.
3. Paint the calipers.
4. Remove the snorkel.
5. Detail the engine.
6. Oil/filter change.
7. ?

Any other constructive things in the garage? (Or carport in my case)?

Please to add more stuff.....

--Hal

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Me: Drive it and practice slip angles.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Get rid of those useless sun visors!

Good thing to do on a rainy day, as it takes a little patience-

·
Registered
332 Posts
It's sometimes frustrating when you detail a car only to be stuck in the rain. Still, it's not made of Wicked-Witch-of-the-West-alloy: it won't melt. Practice and get used to slippage and correction as it comes at a slower speed (at least not at triple-digits) so it's a bit safer.

As long as you have the stock tires, it handles very well in the rain!!!

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
I was going to take it on my trip down to monterey this weekend, but with the rain coming on saturday here, and the fires causing bad traffic, I'm thinking I won't be able to take it :sad:

I've never driven it in the rain and its not a good time to start with worn rear a048s and some highway/freeway driving. I'll get some new tires after next weeks autocross me thinks

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Larry, I don't know about up there, but just a few miles to the south it has just been blowing like hell for the past 24 hours, with an occasional 5-minute or so spit of rain... just enough to create spots on the dust that has settled from all the blowing, but not enough to wet the streets. I say, F-it and just drive!

I would definitely go out for a drive this weekend, but family is visiting.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I would still be practicing slip angles..:nanner2:

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Hang at the mall & enjoy the scenery.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts