The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on buying the 2011 Lotus Evora 2dr Coupe 2+2 from a lotus/ferarri dealership, and its NEW, only has 10K miles on it [assuming people test drive it] and its only $58K USD?
Is there something I should be worried about?
These cars, i believe, sell for over $70K. [MSRP Price $79,850]

Thanks! Nice forum for those who have limited knowledge of Lotus ;)

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,600 Posts
I'm planning on buying the 2011 Lotus Evora 2dr Coupe 2+2 from a lotus/ferarri dealership, and its NEW, only has 10K miles on it [assuming people test drive it] and its only $58K USD?
Is there something I should be worried about?
These cars, i believe, sell for over $70K. [MSRP Price $79,850]

Thanks! Nice forum for those who have limited knowledge of Lotus ;)
Honestly, with 10K, it's neither new or a remarkably great price IMHO. The Evora (non-supercharged) prices are very weak and nowhere near MSRP.

San

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
well, with 10k miles, I wouldn't quite classify it as being a "new" car.
I don't know how many miles most demo cars get, but it seems extraordinarily high.

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
Nothing to worry about if you understand you are buying a used car and paying at least $3,000 too much.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
10K miles is not considered new? i admit i am being a bit naive, so if i ask a dumb question, dont think much of it :p
Would I be expecting any issues? I mean it hasnt been titled or owned. at what price would you sell it for, reasonably?
btw, what do you mean prices are weak.
thanks

·
7,600 Posts
10K miles is not considered new? i admit i am being a bit naive, so if i ask a dumb question, dont think much of it :p
Would I be expecting any issues? I mean it hasnt been titled or owned. at what price would you sell it for, reasonably?
btw, what do you mean prices are weak.
thanks
58K is way too much. It's used, period. I'd be looking to pay around 50K if I were you.

San

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
This looks like the odometer, correct me if im wrong.
http://i48.tinypic.com/55m92f.png
Are you in the US? 10,000 miles is quite a few miles. While many people do drive 15,000 or more miles in a year, 10,000 miles can be considered one years' worth, and that's probably even more true for a Lotus, which is often a second car, or a nice weather car, for many people.

A car with this many miles, even if it hasn't been titled, would reasonably be considered by anyone to be "used." With this many miles, you would expect to pay around $55,000 or less, and frankly, if these are 10,000 demonstrator miles, as opposed to 10,000 carefully driven one-owner miles, you would want to pay less.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are you in the US? 10,000 miles is quite a few miles. While many people do drive 15,000 or more miles in a year, 10,000 miles can be considered one years' worth, and that's probably even more true for a Lotus, which is often a second car, or a nice weather car, for many people.

A car with this many miles, even if it hasn't been titled, would reasonably be considered by anyone to be "used." With this many miles, you would expect to pay around $55,000 or less, and frankly, if these are 10,000 demonstrator miles, as opposed to 10,000 carefully driven one-owner miles, you would want to pay less.
True, thanks
If it was, truly used, how much do you think the past owner paid for the vehicle? at its retail price of 79K?
Is there anything I could do to check if the past driver was very aggressive and pushed the car hard?

wow! 5 minutes on LT saves $11k!
Haha yeah crazy! :D
But for the savings to be put into place, the dealership should be able to sell it to me for the price. If not, then, outta luck :/

·
7,600 Posts
True, thanks
If it was, truly used, how much do you think the past owner paid for the vehicle? at its retail price of 79K?
Is there anything I could do to check if the past driver was very aggressive and pushed the car hard?

Haha yeah crazy! :D
But for the savings to be put into place, the dealership should be able to sell it to me for the price. If not, then, outta luck :/
There was no previous owner, only people likely driving the crap out of the car. Check the ECU for the usage.

San

·
Registered
102 Posts
Agreed with all these views. Check out autotrader and u will see cars with far less miles selling for 55 to 59K. At 10k miles, it's worth much closer to 50 to 53K.

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What is an ECU, [embarrassing i know. I should be more well-awared about these stuff before even considering purchasing a car]? engine control unit im assuming.

But yeah, Thanks for all the input! I will go ahead and haggle the price near the 47K-50K range. Thanks for your help! aha, if successful, Ill post some pics [very unlikely that I will get it, but you never know]
Thanks again :)

·
7,600 Posts
Honestly, the OP needs to take someone along who is knowledgeable about cars. It is clear he really doesn't know what a car is worth, how to determine the worth or the definition of "new" and "used" with regards to cars.

San

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Honestly, the OP needs to take someone along who is knowledgeable about cars. It is clear he really doesn't know what a car is worth, how to determine the worth or the definition of "new" and "used" with regards to cars.

San
Yeah, I'm planning on doing just that also.
learning experience

·
7,600 Posts
Yeah, I'm planning on doing just that also.
learning experience
No disrespect was intended, but a car dealership will eat you alive if you're not sharp.

San

·
Registered
705 Posts
thats a very nice car, hope you can get a good deal on it. I would just be worried about the way it was driven for those 10,000 miles.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I would just be worried about the way it was driven for those 10,000 miles.
Yeah, a new yellow Evora went on a group scenic car drive earlier this year from that exact dealership, and even though the tech that was allowed to 'borrow' it for the drive was super cool, I'd NEVER buy a car that was 'demo'd' by anyone that works for a dealership. It's one thing to have a couple dozen miles put on by interested buyers, but it's another thing when a new unit has thousands put on by a non-buyer. :shift:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts