The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I'm having trouble deciding which to get next for my autocross car it's a naturally aspirated 06 Elise on Hoosier a6's. On a tight budget and I'm stuck deciding which to get first, the nitron singles from sector or Toyota LSD from monkey wrench.. I just wanted some of you guys opinions on which to get first? which would I benefit more from getting before the other? I have base suspension now..

·
Registered
259 Posts
What they said.

LSS shocks don't suck, either. At all. Good shocks are certainly faster, but reading here, I was expecting pure misery today on my LSS shocks vs the Ohlins that came on the car. Nah. The Ohlins are better - no two ways about it - but LSS at least (no experience on base shocks) are not bad at all.

Iain

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Base shocks are causing a lot of body roll for me, I was just wondering since im not supercharged and don't have a lot of torque that if I got the coil overs I could maybe tune out some of the wheel spin just from having less body roll. but now I'm leaning more to the LSD. Anyone tried the Toyota trans their offering with the LSD already installed?

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
LSD without a doubt. Save your money up until you can afford double adjustables if your serious about being competitive. Without the LSD your shock settings will ultimately be bandaids to try and keep the inside rear wheel planted. The LSD will let you come off the corner much harder.

I say this from experience because I have double adjustable Ohlins on my car right now and no LSD. We are constantly fighting trying to keep the inside wheel from smoking on corner exit.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
not to throw a wrench into the works but............you might consider a front sway bar before either shocks or a LSD. It does a very good job of reducing wheel spin on corner exit and will of course reduce overall lean and camber loss.

My car has all three (front bar, Nitrons and a LSD) and the single biggest change was the front bar.

dave

·
Registered
126 Posts
On the front sway bar, are people running the BWR "street/track" bar or the "hardcore" bar?

I haven't made up my mind yet on which class I'll be competing in...I'll either be running the tire index again (RTR) on RE-11s, or I may step up and get some Hoosiers and go SS if I can find a reasonable price on a spare set of wheels.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
+1 on blackwatch bar. If you haven't done that yet, do it ASAP. I'm running the hardcore bar at the middle setting with street tires, no shims up front, 3 shims in back. I feel like it's dialed in pretty good for street tires.

Note that you can't run SS or RTR without stock springs... Nitron singles as they come would bump you into SSP.

Where in NC are you? Coming to the 24 hour shenanigans next weekend?!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow it's been too long since I checked this sorry everyone Im in mebane and no I dont have the swaybar but that's going on my car this winter and also the LSD. I'm thinking about getting the TRD LSD transmission but it's got a little higher gear than stock idk if that will be a big deal or not. And I'm not running w any SCCA club and they're pretty much run what you brung

1 - 12 of 12 Posts