The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the brain fart :p but were we suppose to get offical confirmation on August 15 of:

A) Colors;
B) Engine specs;
C) Price;
D) Delivery dates;
E) Options; or

F) All of the above.

I can seem to remember. :rolleyes: Four days as an "official waiter" and I'm already going senile. :eek:

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
8-15 has always been a rumor. At one point, a date of July was mentioned, which became August for an official announcement. I even recently heard someone mention September.

Someone else put out the pretty plausible theory that Lotus will use the LOG meeting on 8-15 to make the engine announcement, which is something that historically they have done. Maybe.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Randy, you heard mid-september from me. As with all press and publicity related things it's liable to change though!

Craigy

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
There's been alot of talk about mid-Aug at the LOG (for the drive train). One of the long time guys/manager at the dealer from a Lotus contact gave Sept 1. Both may be true. Arnie may give out the info at LOG. With the in writting offical one coming in Sept. Delivery dates have already been given as April and lately been hearing as early as March. Colors are listed on the Lotus website, that could be somewhat subject to change. Ballpark price has been given, starting under $40k. Lots of details to come, it wouldn't be too much longer now, first orders should be going in 4-5 months from now. :cool:

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
I'm expecting everything to be announced and the car finally shown at the Frankfurt Auto Show on 9/8. They'll probably tell us the important things (engine, weight) at the LOG meeting 8/15.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts