The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all due respect to the men who served in the Tuskegee 'Red Tails' U.S. air corps unit during WW2, I salute you.

As far as what Ford's come up with to honor you, well that’s another story. Feast your eyes on this beauty. Looks like one of my old Revell model contraptions I assembled as a kid during rainy Sunday afternoons to kill time using parts from the spare parts box from my other model kits of cars, planes, tanks, and spacecraft, including the spare decals ! You can keep the special edition wanna- be ‘P-51’ Mustang , although I would'nt mind having the real Mustang fighter in the background.

FYI: The North American P-51 in the photo is an early Razorback model without the bubble canopy or the Rolls Royce engine with six 50 cal. wing guns which made this WW2 fighter famous.

R.I.P. Carroll Shelby, glad you missed this special edition from Ford.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This comes to mind...........

Another famous WW2 fighter........and Spitfire. At least B.L. Triumph did'nt put airplane decals all over it.

Attachments

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,455 Posts
With all due respect to the men who served in the Tuskegee 'Red Tails' U.S. air corps unit during WW2, I salute you.

As far as what Ford's come up with to honor you, well that’s another story. Feast your eyes on this beauty. Looks like one of my old Revell model contraptions I assembled as a kid during rainy Sunday afternoons to kill time using parts from the spare parts box from my other model kits of cars, planes, tanks, and spacecraft, including the spare decals ! You can keep the special edition wanna- be ‘P-51’ Mustang , although I would'nt mind having the real Mustang fighter in the background.

FYI: The North American P-51 in the photo is an early Razorback model without the bubble canopy or the Rolls Royce engine with six 50 cal. wing guns which made this WW2 fighter famous.

R.I.P. Carroll Shelby, glad you missed this special edition from Ford.
Even a father couldn't love that ugly baby.

San

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Oh good - yet another special edition Mustang. Lets check the tally for the most versions of a car contest between Chevy, Ford, and Porsche:

Porsche 911 Variations = 73
Ford Mustang Variations = 65
Chevy Corvette Variations = 71

This one will go down to the wire.... :rolleyes:

rotfl

·
Registered
287 Posts
BTW, FWIW, that is a C model P-51 and is equipped with a Rolls Royce Merlin V-1650. The A-36 and P-51A models used Allison V-1710's; identified by their three blade prop.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
That is one of the SWEETEST watches I have ever seen!!!
Agreeance.

I've recently become a 'timepiece' guy - long story, but I won quarterly sales contests at work and you got to pick from a select number of watches. I have a Panerai Luminor Submersible (Steel) and an IWC Portuguese Automatic. I think I'd give up both for that!

Just looked it up - 251 total pieces and around $13K.

Awesome!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Your correct, I see it was'nt until the 'D' version the Bubble Canopy and six wing guns were installed, thought those older Razorbacks did'nt have the R.R. engines yet.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Umm, what they are thinking is that the car is going to get auctioned, it is a one off and will go for BIG $, with the proceeds going to a fund that gets kids in to flying.
Oh, and I like the car.
Wanna bet it goes for over $100k? One off factory car...

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Recently I have been more into watches than I ever should be or have a right to be - I don't wear them. I can't with my current job etc...

Though... I am looking into getting some.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
:huh:

By turning it over and looking at the watch face...

LOL! If you look closely the image on the right is the back of the watch. The image on the left is the front.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I like the terrible photoshop job of the Ford House on what should be the flightline. rotflrotfl

Don't think I'd ever buy a watch that says "Fragile" (must be Italian? hahahaha), though I haven't worn a watch in a long long time.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Umm, what they are thinking is that the car is going to get auctioned, it is a one off and will go for BIG $, with the proceeds going to a fund that gets kids in to flying.
Oh, and I like the car.
Wanna bet it goes for over $100k? One off factory car...
Wowsers! Quite the bucks for a mediocre transformation. Red Tails Mustang Brings $370,000

1 - 20 of 20 Posts