The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
That is a good looking wheel on the Elise... I wish I could get a close up of the center though - it almost looks like Jaguars emblem - the side emblem with the face.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From a different video. Here is another screen shot. If I knew who made them I would order today.

-Brad

Attachments

·
Registered
407 Posts
That's a Rover-engined car. Are the offsets the same as for our cars?

nope 20mm different on the rear.

all that means is that if you get rover spec wheels on a Toyota car, they sit closer to the outside of the car.

the Rover guys often use 20mm spacers to fit Yota wheels.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does that mean they wont clear the rear clam? We are talking 2cm (less than an inch) It might keep me from doing a 245 on the rear but I can live with that.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I emailed the guy that shot the film too and he said that he would ask the black lotus guy for me but I havent heard back. Where did you get that picture? Did he send it to you? Did he say what they were?

-B

·
Registered
158 Posts
i suppose the best way is to ask directly to the owner of the car :)
ok so ... the society is this : MB
here you can find the proper wheel in the picture and other very nice models.
the wheel is distributed directly from the society now, not only from PB Racing (ordering from PB Racing the price obviously will be less cheaper).

anyway, in my website you can find pictures in hi-res to see better the wheels.
take a look to these pages :

LOTUS.

LOTUS

Max

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Anyone want to take a stab at sizes:

Stock LSS are:
FRONT:
6.5Jx16 ET31
REAR:
7.5Jx17 ET18

MB offers what looks like:
Front:
7X16 +35
Rear:
17X7.5 +35
17X8 +35
or 17X8 +30 (this one is probably closer although it is +12 from stock)

Any advice from the wheel experts?

-B

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Anyone want to take a stab at sizes:

Stock LSS are:
FRONT:
6.5Jx16 ET31
REAR:
7.5Jx17 ET18
ET18 rear is for non-USA Rover powered Elises.

Toyota powered Elises have ET38 rear offset.

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
MB offers a +35 and a +40 if I am not mistaken. I wonder what makes more sense. The +35 should push the wheel out a bit vs stock. (3mm) Is it enough to make a difference?

-Brad

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
.:: PB Racing.it ::. - Home Page

This site is incredible!!! :clap:

I am in shock. :eek: There are so many products showing that aren't available in the US and that I have never seen.

Everything from performance products, appearance and even merchandise. I can't recall how many threads I have seen about the lack of Lotus merchandise - shirts, etc. - and here it is!?!?!?! :bow:

Why isn't some of this available here through Lotus USA? :rolleyes: The Lotus webstore doesn't have a lot of this and it looks like official merchandise. There are some cool looking baseball shirts, grey and yellow t-shirts, hats, even a couple of different watches. Then there is all the carbon fiber and wheels - lightweight alternators - unusual exhausts.

This site needs to be put out there and advertised more - it isn't entirely in English or US currency - but it has so much.

Thank you

1 - 20 of 21 Posts