The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not that I'm interested in drag racing. But just curious to know what the measured performance would be for the VF2.

The ExigeS is good for 12,[email protected] with 200rwhp. What would the VF2 do with about 270-280rwhp?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Not sure what it would run in the 1/4 mile, but you can add about 8-10MPH to the trap speed for sure.. Comparing traqmate data with a VF car thats about how much speed he is making up on me in a shorter distance than a 1/4 mile. Im exiting the corners considerable faster and hes still way faster at the end of the straights.

·
purveyor of lightness
4,170 Posts
The hardest part is when you run out of mph/revs in 4th... you'll have about 50' at the end of the 1/4 mile that you either hold it at 8500... (around 117mph) or attempt to go to 5th... an extra 300rpm or slightly taller tires/gearing would be nice here... but wha-cha-gonna-do? :)

I'll guestimate an 12.1 @ 117 mph.

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
I guess 12.2 :D

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The hardest part is when you run out of mph/revs in 4th... you'll have about 50' at the end of the 1/4 mile that you either hold it at 8500... (around 117mph) or attempt to go to 5th... an extra 300rpm or slightly taller tires/gearing would be nice here... but wha-cha-gonna-do? :)

I'll guestimate an 12.1 @ 117 mph.
Knowing you, it's probably right on the money. Any chance to see you try your TVS on the drag strip?

·
Registered
302 Posts
We have a 'Playground of Power' drag strip in my big town of Dresden (probably 3000 people). I have a friend who runs it a good bit in his Grand National. He told me he would show me how it is done and then I am going to try it. Evidently there is a little bit of an art to it.

·
purveyor of lightness
4,170 Posts
Knowing you, it's probably right on the money. Any chance to see you try your TVS on the drag strip?
I'll know on either 10/30, 11/7, 11/14, 11/21 or 11/28... I always go late in the fall when there's nobody at the track and it's nice and cool outside. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Driver Technique, Tires, Suspension, etc...

Once we start to get into 12 second territory....

1. It's about power to weight ratio.
2. It's about whether or not you can transfer that power to the ground with the right tires and suspension.
3. It's about drag at top end.
4. It's about the driver.

With Dave still on street tires (right?) I don't think he can dip into the 11s. The Lotus Elise does not have drag suspension, and with it's lightweight, harder to transfer power to the ground (higher tendency to spin out tires).

With some drag radials or maybe even R-compound tires and launch control, I'm sure it is capable of 11s.

I used to have a Honda Civic that made over 230WHP N/A. It could never drip into the 12s with street tires. Granted it was FWD and a 2300lb car..... With drag radials or R-compound tires and some suspension adjustments, it was a mid-12s car.

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,072 Posts
I can't speculate, but the power to weight it around 6.3 for a moderately lightened Elise(1900) with 300 crank or 280 wheel.

1900/300=6.3
1900/280=6.7

To be fair, all pwr to weight ratios are done using flywheel/crank for production cars.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts