The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have one or anything but ill pretend like I do :rolleyes:

Best: I have bought an amazing car I cannot afford in any way other than pretending :rolleyes:

Worst: I have bought an amazing car I cannot afford in any way other than pretending :(

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Best: the car
Worst: theads with useless questions like this :thwack:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Best: the car on twisty B roads

Worst: all the small guarantee issues

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
Best - The Style of the car

Worst - Cost to replace the clutch

Agree.

And what the style brings to the table. The exclusivity. Attention, possibly leading to "encounters".

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Best:
Nothing drives like this car
Nothing looks like this car
Nothing handles like this car
A major head turner
Great forum

Worst:
So far the dealer service experience (not sure they know what to make of the car called "Lotus"):shrug:
Have to remove 16 bolts to change the oil
Must put it away for the winter in the Midwest:sad:

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Have to remove 16 bolts to change the oil
Must put it away for the winter in the Midwest:sad:
How about putting in a bypass oil filter so you don't need to change your oil so often. If you have the CAI, then with stock air box out of the way there should be plenty of room.. Heck, you could even relocate the oil filter

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
How about putting in a bypass oil filter so you don't need to change your oil so often. If you have the CAI, then with stock air box out of the way there should be plenty of room.. Heck, you could even relocate the oil filter
please post more info on the "bypass" solution. I do have the CAI and plenty of room

·
Premium Member
6,752 Posts
Best: Driving it
Worst: putting it away soon for winter. Its a dream car for me!!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Best: Driving it
Worst: putting it away soon for winter. Its a dream car for me!!
Get some decent winter tires and drive it all year :shift: The car is fun in the snow.

·
Premium Member
6,752 Posts
Not practical for driving 750 miles roundtrip to Maine and up side of mountain in winter. These cars may be great on winter roads but not in 3-6 inches of slush and drifts! I'd love to do what you're doing though!!!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Depends on what you compare them with. Better than the odd BMW or Merc, weight distribution gives you more traction. Of course SUV or any other 4WD will be better.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts