The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
SG for the engineering bits and Carfection for the visuals. I'm astounded that SavageGeese are virtually the only folks who give proper attention to mechanicals and engineering (along with driving characteristics, interior quality, etc.). There has to be a larger market among gearheads for that. That puts them head and shoulders above any other car reviewers for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I find the Throttle House guys very entertaining. I like that Savage Geese go under the car and show the technical side, but boy can they be dry. Sometimes it comes across very well, sometimes they just seem glum.

looking forward to comparisons with the Cayman GTS 4.0 which seems like the most direct competition.

-T

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hm.. OP joined 7 days ago. Smells like a Lotus employee gauging which YouTuber they should throw money at for a positive review first. :unsure:

I vote Chris Harris. Then those Carfection guys, because their production value is amazing.

• Haha
Reactions: davebeats

·
Registered
23 Posts
Savagegeese and Smoking Tire shoot straight, throttle house can be good but a bit wacky. Plenty of the other establishment guys (carfection, TG, etc.) are just for eye candy and production value, the actual commentary is not that useful to me at all.

·
Premium Member
8,381 Posts
LotusB and I...on our own time.

Reactions: LotusB

·
Registered
559 Posts
Savagegeese and Smoking Tire shoot straight, throttle house can be good but a bit wacky. Plenty of the other establishment guys (carfection, TG, etc.) are just for eye candy and production value, the actual commentary is not that useful to me at all.
Lol.. The Straight Pipes are goofy. I can't hard handle watching them.. And also that Scott Kilmer guy. Makes me want to poke my eyes out.

·
Registered
340 Posts
MotorTrend when it wins 1st place for Best Driver's Car :cool:

But seriously, either savagegeese guy and Todd Deeken from EverydayDriver because those guys are more keen than typical about visceral feel with drivers cars after having owned cars of that type. They also tend to focus on differences in driving characteristics between road and track. Chris Harris also seems to be about that.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts