The Lotus Cars Community banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
I forgot the current Hagerty crew (Jason Camissa, Randy Pobst, etc.). I place a lot more trust in Pobst's on-track impressions and lap times than in most others'.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I forgot the current Hagerty crew (Jason Camissa, Randy Pobst, etc.). I place a lot more trust in Pobst's on-track impressions and lap times than in most others'.
Loved it when Camissa and Leiberman did Head to Head together. Really sad when Camissa left. Pobst just seems like a genuinely good guy. He could have such an ego, but nothing! I really like him.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Henry Catchpole!!!

·
Premium Member
1,774 Posts
Jay Leno gives the sleepiest reviews I’ve ever seen, I can’t believe people watch him anymore
I like his reviews on cars. Jay and I are on the same wave length on which marques we like and I think he is good conveying the essence of the cars he reviews without kissing the manufacturer's ring.

I really liked when he did the solo reviews during lock down.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I think Jay's style is the result of having seen and driven pretty much everything there is, and he owns much of it too. He doesn't get excited like people who haven't had that kind of experience. However even after all he's experienced, he's still a petrol head. I like watching his reviews because they're less likely to be hype, and more likely to be just a normal reaction and evaluation.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I think Jay's style is the result of having seen and driven pretty much everything there is, and he owns much of it too. He doesn't get excited like people who haven't had that kind of experience. However even after all he's experienced, he's still a petrol head. I like watching his reviews because they're less likely to be hype, and more likely to be just a normal reaction and evaluation.
He really loves the Lotus way. I feel he’s really rooting for them (us :) )

·
Registered
93 Posts
And yes would love for Chris Harris to do one of his awesome tests!
Chris is a massive Porsche fan, like most other sporty reviewers, so I hope he leaves any biasness at home but he might not be able to help himself.

If Chris remembers that the Emira is not a direct rival to the 991 and 992 GT3 then we have a chance of coming out of this well :)

I'm expecting reviews to say the following:

• It is stunning looking with no bad angle and suggests a supercar
  • The interior is a step up from any previous Lotus
  • The car is heavier and slower but still more than enough for the road
  • Lotus have got the driving dynamics spot on
  • There is very little practical space for touring
  • It's big problem is persuading potential Porsche and Jaguar buyers to commit to the brand with such a new car
Overall, they will say it's a bargain and this one thing will cause a further frenzy of deposits.
I still expect the V6 to dry up and i4 sales will go through the roof in 2023.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts