The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I've been tempted to ask the same thing. I guess he got tired of being a search nazi. I do miss him. He's smart, if impatient.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
About the time the site traded hands his involvement slowed down - He lurks about but rarely posts - He was never fond of me because I post Information - Videos about Frank/Ronin and happen to Like Frank, That was his problem not mine. The only issue I had with his online persona was that he was rough on new members!
It's good to know he is still helping members even if it's through pm's, Maybe he is evolving into a pleasant person!

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
I think the final straw occurred when he maintained that he would never add his car to the Exige S registry until two consecutive correct entries were made... and then they were... somehow he was never the same after that...

rotfl

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I think the final straw occurred when he maintained that he would never add his car to the Exige S registry until two consecutive correct entries were made... and then they were... somehow he was never the same after that...

rotfl
You're right! rotfl rotfl rotfl

·
Registered
804 Posts
Well, he is definitely still helping people on this forum with technical issues. He sent me a detailed PM last weekend after I posted on a problem I was having. His advice was spot on, and he pointed me to several lengthy threads on the same issue.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I met Ace when we we both in Toronto for a while.
He's a nice guy and good company.

I suspect, as, it would appear, do others, that the influx of the worst kind of "noobs" has blown his "tolerance" fuse.
If he accidentally came across any posts by Zeebest001 for example - he might have gone into meltdown....

Alternatively (or additionally) he probably has better things to do on his land right now.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
good riddence
+1 - My guess is he was banned by the new management for being a search ace hole to all the new members. :shrug: There's diplomatic ways of handling those who don't bother to search - agreed it's annoying; and then there's just being rude. I've been on this forum for 3+ years and he's the only person that's ever been on my ignore list.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
He's helped me out since he quit posting. I know he still lurks, just doesn't like some of the changes I guess.

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
He's helped me out since he quit posting. I know he still lurks, just doesn't like some of the changes I guess.
im not so sure the changes were brought on by new ownership itself.
folks were complaining even b4 that how the board "changed."
i believe the biggest change was that some of our more colorful posters have moved on....

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
I always liked him.

·
Registered
606 Posts
im not so sure the changes were brought on by new ownership itself.
folks were complaining even b4 that how the board "changed."
i believe the biggest change was that some of our more colorful posters have moved on....
Don't miss Ace, helpful or not, but I do miss Sally....that was quality entertainment..

- Allen.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Maybe he's like me. I post about 1/20th as often as I used to. Just moved on...

Actually, just thought about this. Now that I'm divorced/divorcing, I'm busy all the time doing stuff I like instead of sitting in my living room alone and bored.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts