The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Vendor
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know a good break pad besides the stock ones from Lotus? Not wanting to spend a ton of money on the OEM ones, but need some advice....

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I've been using the Porterfield pads LotusNC references on the street and they have been quite satisfactory. I have not tracked them.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I'm pretty sure Zwhitaker's application is mainly street, but it would help if he said for sure.

If all-street is indeed correct, so far I'm thrilled with my Carbotech Bobcats. Great firm pedal, great feel, easy modulation, low dust, and they actually work when cold!

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
Do a search and you will find at least 15 different pads, and each one will be best pad of all.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
350z and Evo rear pads work upfront. I think I pad $40 for my last set of street fronts and I can't tell the difference.

·
Vendor
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah Street only....Still waiting to see if I want to track my car. Thanks for the info. I have a terrible problem now with brake dust on my car. Is this common for stock break pads? Or did the owner before me already replace them?

Regardless, thanks everyone for the responses. Much appreciated!

Z

·
Registered
813 Posts
I don't like the Porterfeild R4-S honestly, prefer the OEM.

I like the Pagid blue for street.

I really like the Raybestos ST43 for track, but not easy for the rotor (but I am using very high qulaity rotor, Alcon, very hard surface).

I never tried Carbotech, a good friend like them a lot (not as ST43 for track), but rotor friendly.

Maybe for street if you are not agressive, Greenstuff can be good.

I never try on my Elise Hawk street pads, but on my old Europa I did not like it.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Yeah Street only....Still waiting to see if I want to track my car. Thanks for the info. I have a terrible problem now with brake dust on my car. Is this common for stock break pads? Or did the owner before me already replace them?

Regardless, thanks everyone for the responses. Much appreciated!

Z

:tadts::tadts::tadts::tadts:

The stock brake pads' primary function is to create dust, TONS of dust. Their [quite distant] secondary function is a friction material for slowing the car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts