The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

3Xtothe0[]
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled car out from winter storage, checked everything O.k., start her up and fuel is dumping out from engine compartment :eek: WTF? Fuel line looks like this: I need a cookbook for MOUSE !!!!

Attachments

Premium Member
If it makes you feel better, I'm cleaning up from this!
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1399507871.998304.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1399507885.937542.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1399507906.452546.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1399507919.721907.jpg

That nest contained 5 live baby mice?
2nd nest in 8 months. We live in a 100+ year old house because we fell in love with it's "character and history"
Well, I don't like the "character and history" of the 3 car detached garage anymore.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

3Xtothe0[]
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The vermin must DIE.....!!! :evil:

Premium Member
Hey guys. Soak cotton balls in peppermint oil. Place in all the areas of your vehicle when stored.

They work plus
They smell better than anything else I've tried

Any candy/cake supply store should have it. I'm spoiled as the girlfriend makes candies so I always have some in the house.

Registered
2017 Evora 400
I live in the woods.

I find the Victor mouse traps like this:

scattered strategically around the shop work wonders. For extra effect, smear a bit of peanut butter on the plate.

After finding a mouse nest UNDER THE INTAKE MANIFOLD on the LS400, I always keep traps out.

Premium Member
Hey guys. Soak cotton balls in peppermint oil. Place in all the areas of your vehicle when stored.

They work plus
They smell better than anything else I've tried

Any candy/cake supply store should have it. I'm spoiled as the girlfriend makes candies so I always have some in the house.

I've heard this from several people, including my wife. That is the next step, and it is less toxic to me than the dryer sheets.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

SMDDanny
Lotuscc et all...OMG! I am coing same here in Ct with a car I drove home from Indiana. My nest is even nstier than yours!

Looks like the ingress is through the rockers and thru the door hinge panel...i gotta block that from ever happening again as i see several cars fall victim to this malady on this forum.

Just looking at that makes my skin crawl.

I store all my cars with at leadt 20 snap traps around them...hate meases to pieces....

Premium Member
How bad is the garage? What kind of door(s)?

I use steel wool (stainless in this case) to block all the gaps and holes.

I put an oak saddle down where the o/h door meets the concrete, which helped a lot.

(Before I fixed garage, had to put mesh in front of XRS air intake.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts