The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I added an article to the Tech Section of GGLC website - a description of the 1,000 mile service proceedure as demonstrated at the Club111/GGLC Tech Session hosted by SVAG on Saturday.

Go to:
http://www.gglotus.org/ggtech/ggtech.htm#ELISE
and click on the 1,000 mile service link.

The jacking proceedure was interesting as was the ease of doing the ECU download with the Lotus Scanner.

Kiyoshi

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
James A said:
Kiyoshi, what is done at the 1000 mile service is simple, $75 worth of work for $275 ! :D
James... LOL!

I'm going to stay PC and not comment. ;)

I will say that shop rates around here are at least $80 to 150/hr. The job took the tech about 2 hrs w/ interruptions from the crowd.

Kiyoshi

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
JIm, as you and I both know, it's all tied to what other cars are sold at that dealership, if it were a toyota or ford dealer you'd pay a $100 bucks.
Chris

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
JIm, as you and I both know, it's all tied to what other cars are sold at that dealership, if it were a toyota or ford dealer you'd pay a $100 bucks.
Chris
what if they only sell Lotuses?

·
Registered
169 Posts
mine was a lincoln/mercury dealer, so there's hope for me.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
my oil filter was $36 dollars. LMAO :huh:

I brought my own oil ( amsoil) so they knocked that charge off. I think my bill was $231.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
They did the standard...
oil change,
data dump,
test drive,

then they fixed two other things at my first service...

- Fixed the reverse collar on the shifter. Once you used reverse it would stay raised up unless you pushed the collar back down. They fixed it under warrenty.

- My alarm light was flickering like nuts when driving. They fixed that too.

-doma

·
Registered
426 Posts
I'm all set with my after sales service, but my next one is coming up. Has anyone one else hit the 4000 mile mark? If so, was it cheaper than the after sales service? I feel like I paid too much the first time around.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
>Has anyone one else hit the 4000 mile mark?

Yikes. Is there a 4000 mile service? I'm at 4100 now.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
doma said:
>Has anyone one else hit the 4000 mile mark?

Yikes. Is there a 4000 mile service? I'm at 4100 now.
Yikes, I have the same question. I am at 6200!

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Randy Chase said:
I think the next service is at 7500 miles.

·
Registered
275 Posts
"I think the next service is at 7500 miles."--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Randy Chase
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the next service is at 7500 miles.

That is correct.
6 months (from first service) or 7500 miles

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hope I didn't alarm anyone. I don't know why I had 4000 miles in my head. You guys sure drive a lot! I thought I was racking up a lot of miles!

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Oh man, Lotus is the low end car at my dealer! I'm really screwed. They probably actually feel they are giving us a value compared to what they get from the Lamborghini and Ferrari guys! I mean if an Enzo brake job is $40K, they probably feel like they are GIVING you an oil change for only $300!

·
Registered
93 Posts
What is done at the 7500 mark?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts